PDA

View Full Version : Crushes on Book Characters :)

ktbookfreak
11-10-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but when I first read An Old-Fashioned Girl, by the time I finished the book I had a MAJOR crush on Tom. I mean, he's so lovable! :) anybody had similar experiences, even with other books?

skib
11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Yep! I have had more than one crush on literary characters! The last one was quite a while ago; I was head over heels for Damson in Terry Brooks' The Talismans of Shannara.

BloomingRose
12-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I have a crush on Tom too! :D He's so sweet and sensitive (considering he's a Victorian boy, I mean). But I think Alcott's main male characters are very similar, so I had a crush on quite a few. There are characters like Tom in Eight cousins, for instance, or even Little Men. Anyhow, I think Tom is unique :)

LeEBy
02-26-2010, 03:42 AM
I have a rather odd crush on Lennie from Of Mice and Men. I just think he is so innocent and cute. (I haven't seen the movie)

kiki1982
02-26-2010, 05:16 AM
I suppose the straightforward answer would be Darcy, but no, too far away for me...

Rochester from Jane Eyre was the man. I suppose I just confirm the sex-appeal of the Byronic Hero. Nonetheless, he was so real that it is hard to believe that he did not exist. :(

And the effects are still there, after reading that book 3 years ago almost.

prendrelemick
02-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Well at the moment I'm not looking for a serious relationship, just want to have a good time and a few laughs.:party:

So either, Becky Sharpe or Isabella Thorpe (Or both:ladysman:)

hoope
02-26-2010, 03:45 PM
I had a crush on Darcy .. and Rochester .. they were both just too perfect and great with great personalities .. i really wished if any one like them would exist !

kiki1982
02-26-2010, 04:28 PM
:lol: Yeah, I would be all over them! At least over Rochester. I would be interested in what Darcy had to say, though.

Although part of their charm is in the traditional way of dealing with women... So dominant, so matter-of-fact, kind of superior. 'I will take care of everything.' Not that they wouldn't be interesting to talk to, but part of their appeal is I think in terms of being cared for as a woman. It is what we all secretly want, but what we are told we do not want.

Lost in Austen made a lovely discovery of that issue.

Scheherazade
02-26-2010, 06:43 PM
It does not get any better than Mr Atticus Finch for me.