PDA

View Full Version : Organized religions

blazeofglory
10-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Today we try to kind of stick to organized religions. Organized religions mean we go to religious societies, religious gatherings and temples, synagogues, monasteries,mosques and as a result we have Hitler and the rest of other fundamentalists who kind of are too much busy with indoctrinating the innocent.

Religion to me is totally a personal business and it should not be socialized or politicized, and for that matter I am against all Hindus' endeavors to establish some countries as in Nepal some people are waging a series of wars against secularism and others are totally campaigning against Hinduism not because they are secularists but because they want to restore their own religious faiths. There are Christian Missourians-missionary schools, missionary hospitals and the like.

I beleive that religions and beliefs in Gods are entirely personal matters and no any thing or ideas should be levied on them as a matter of fact. And today it is not people but faiths clash.

Let us not try to get faiths better of us and be instrumental in fragmenting people along racial lines.

We of course need morality, virtue, goodness and honesty, and religions breed these virtues. I read the Mahabharata and it teaches me about Dharma. There are great virtuous ideas in the Mahabharata and it can cure the maladies of the world.
But the problem is people try to politicize religions and as a result it becomes a great destructive force. That is why today we have most advocates of religions turned into fundamentalists and imbibing in people a great amounts of animosity and small highly vulnerable kids are getting indoctrinated into fundamentalist and fanatic ideas.

At one end I want Dharma and at the other end I am set against organized religions and getting me in a predicament like this it is really hard to convince people. There is no stench of doubt that Dharma is to be restored to the world but I doubt religions have to be restored. Dharma is not religion specific or sectarian and it is a universal law, good conduct.

The downfall in the world stemmed from non adherence to Dharma.

Gladys
10-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Since every large organisation attempts to indoctrinate the innocent and extend its political and economic power, why single out religion?

Dharma is mainly associated with India, a country with more than its fair share of religious and racial violence.

blazeofglory
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Since every large organisation attempts to indoctrinate the innocent and extend its political and economic power, why single out religion?

Dharma is mainly associated with India, a country with more than its fair share of religious and racial violence.

Do not associate Dharma with racial violence. That means you have very little knowledge of Dharma and since you have no authority over it discussing it will be pointless.

If you have read the Mahabharata, a book which is matchless in the world, you would not have made a remark or comment on this like this.

Dharma is never fundamentalism, nor any sectarian idea like religion. Dharma means order. To restore order in nature is Dharma in a sentence.

Annamariah
10-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. Are you saying that all religious gatherings are a bad thing? That everyone should only practise their religion alone?

Gladys
10-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Do not associate Dharma with racial violence. I did not.

caddy_caddy
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
But the problem is people try to politicize religions and as a result it becomes a great destructive force. That is why today we have most advocates of religions turned into fundamentalists and imbibing in people a great amounts of animosity and small highly vulnerable kids are getting indoctrinated into fundamentalist and fanatic ideas
I completely agree on this point.
The problem is not in religion but in the people, especially politicians, who use the religious discourse for political benefits.