PDA

View Full Version : How long does your happiness last?

blazeofglory
07-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Happiness is something that comes fleetingly. It passes away in a short while.

I oftentimes would like to philosophize it and feel that all moments of happiness will be counterbalanced by moments of sadness.

I do not know but I feel so. Maybe joys and sorrows are simply results of some metabolic actions within us. And one does not exist without the other.

To put it differently sorrows too do not remain for ever. Either man recovers from pains or he will die.

If we understand this truth we can win over all these emotional states.

I do not think there is any way that can help us to feel always happy.

All I want to say is quote the wisdom of the Upanishads, be the observer. When one is a real observer he will be the observed too.

Olga4real
07-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I love your post Blazeofglory! I definitely will comment your post next time but for now I would like to quote a short poem of Pushkin:

Should this life sometime deceive you,
Don't be sad or mad at it!
On a gloomy day, submit:
Trust -- fair day will come, why grieve you?

Heart lives in the future, so
What if gloom pervade the present?
All is fleeting, all will go;
What is gone will then be pleasant.

rabid reader
07-24-2009, 05:00 PM
My Moments of happiness last forever, as they are experinces that I can never have taken from me. When I look back upon happiness I once had it is not longingly it is in embrace, thus when I hurt I am happy, when I am confused I am happy and when i laugh I am happy.

caddy_caddy
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
You are right , nothing can last forever , everything is temporal and fleeting.
I am trying hard to accept this reality ( in everyting).
I enjoy the moments of happiness and live it to its fullest, and I live the moments of sadness to its fullest too. I feel that each one has its proper share in my life.

It seems strange , but really whenever I am very sad
and at the same time
something funny happened to me I can enjoy it and laugh . Sadness cannot spoil these moments and viceversa.

I think all what we have is the actual moment and we should live it as it is.