PDA

View Full Version : Want to hear something CRAZY?

Mutatis-Mutandis
07-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, along with literature and video games, my other passion is music. I'm a metal head. Well, a progressive metal head, to be exact. I know, a proggy. But what better place to be a pretentious music snob than on a literature forum, eh?

Anyways, depending on how this goes, I will post threads every now and then highlighting a band I'm into for discussion . . . or you can just tell me it sounds like crap and I'll cry in a corner. Whatever happens, it's all good.

The band for this thread is an avant-garde metal band from Canada called Unexpect (or, as they sometimes like to spell it, unexpecT). Here is a link to a song on Youtube. You can also view live performances of theirs which are suprisingly cohesive.

For your own safety, I would advise against taking any psychedelic or hallucinogenic drugs before listening to this, as your brain may melt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbEi1JRa7w

Mutatis-Mutandis
02-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Aw, man, no replies? Bummer. I was sure I'd at least get a "wow, that was one of the most annoying pieces of sh*t I've ever heard" comment. Hopefully some listened to it, or a part of it.

skib
02-07-2010, 03:15 AM
. . . I'm not sure what I think about that quite yet. It certainly makes me want to have a seizure but I'm in the process of deciding if its a good seizure or a bad seizure. Its catchy, its a bit creepy, its slightly melodic, slightly dissonant. Like I said . . . not sure what to do with it yet. I'm more of a Opeth style proggy. I'm kind of leaning towards the more obnoxious side but I'll give it a shot when I'm not falling asleep.

Mutatis-Mutandis
02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Opeth is my favorite band, right in front of Pain of Salvation.

I can listen to about five songs of Unexpect before I have to turn it off. It's one of those bands that I think is amazing, but only in small doses. I can only take so much before it overloads my brain.