PDA

View Full Version : The Discussion: Great Expectations

mea505
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I just started reading Great Expectations for no particular reason other than for self-edification. As I have done with respect to some other material on this forum (other books, other authors), I would like to begin a thorough discussion about the book, that is, with respect to one chapter at a time. In the past, this has worked well; I see that there are others who have struggled with this book. Perhaps a discussion of this kind may help others as they try to understand this excellent piece of literature. Get back with me and chime in if you should be interested.

kari
07-17-2009, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't mind discussing the book...I just started reading it for the second time. It is one of my favorite books.

Nightshade
07-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I am going to start it hopefully in a week or so so Ill be happy to join in

Twhalley
08-03-2009, 07:27 PM
I really need to read this the whole way through, we read it as part of our English Lit. coursework so we had to skim read. I should get round to reading it all the way through fully, it's a great book.

Truthlover
04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I read the book first in English, now I am reading it in Spanish. I am utterly amazed at the extensive vocabulary in Spanish. I have to look up a word or two on every page, but this is really helping my Spanish.