PDA

View Full Version : Macbeth Help Assignment

gus
05-08-2005, 12:12 AM
:banana: I need help deciding which pathway I'll take on my year 12 assessment

Options

Present a monologue in the role of one of the minor characters in the play (e.g Lennox, one of the witched, a murderer), foregrounding some of the gaps and silences in the text. You would need to examine the impact of Macbeth’s use/misuse of power upon the chosen character.

Adopt the role of one of the major characters in the play. Transport the character to a different location and time, and him/her in a speaking context which allows you to demonstrate a deep understanding of his/her motivation, particularly in relation to power.

After Banquet scene (Act III, Scene 4), the audience does not see Lady Macbeth until Sleepwalking/talking scene (Act V, Scene 1) immediately prior to her death. In role, script and perform a monologue which displays her descent into madness.

What do you think would be best for an oral?

I was thinking about option 2 - having Macbeth spill everything at a rehab session?

byquist
05-11-2005, 04:18 PM
#2 gives you a lot of leeway and freedom; sounds like a good choice
#1 Lennox has a pretty good monologue if you can perfect that - something about all the noises and lightening during the previous night. It sets the tone of the scene where we find out you know what.