PDA

View Full Version : 'Romeo and Juliet' in songs~

Angelic Devil
05-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Hello!

I've been looking around for songs about Romeo and Juliet n__n, it is part of an assignment but I can't seem to find as many :/

I have chosen the following:
Taylor Swift - Love Story
Dire Straits Romeo and Juliet
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper
Nino Rota What is youth? (From movie)

I still need many more. I'm using themes such as " Love and romance, age and youth, love and violence, forces of love, the individual versus the society and the inevitability of fate."

Does anyone know more? I'd be really glad to know of more of them ^__^' and not just Romeo and Juliet, maybe even other characters of the story!

Cheers,
M

VenusInFurs
05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
There's a verse in "Fever" that has Romeo and Juliet in it. A number of jazz singers do Fever.

And not sure if this works but the entire musical of "West Side Story" is based on Romeo and Juliet.

Helga
05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
there is a popular song in icelandic... but I don't think that will help you...

Homers_child
05-25-2009, 08:17 PM
It's not as contemporary and mainstream as some of the other songs you've listed. But you could also use 'Juliet' by Emilie Autumn.

The theme of the song is more focused on the love between them, but it also has a bit of the theme of the individual/s against society with the lines, 'The consequence is hanging there, the sky will fall but I don't care.'

Anyway, good luck, it sounds like an awesome assignment.

Angelic Devil
05-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Thanks for your replies guys :) I've already formed a list and I'll post it for in future need of them:

Tom Waits – Romeo Is Bleeding
Bon Jovi – I’d Die For You
Semisonic – Singing In My Sleep
Rick Astley – Romeo Loves Juliet
A Change Of Pace – Prepare The Masses
Radiohead – Exit Music (For A Film)
We The Kings – Check Yes Juliet

Hope that comes by as helpful, though I'm thankful for your replies.

Cheers,
M

Bernardb
08-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Romeo and Juliet by Thomas Farnon
Dont know if that helps?
Many thanks
B