PDA

View Full Version : William Blake Poetry Term Paper

TheAnswer
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a poetry term paper to write on William Blake, and I don't know where I'm going with this. I initially thought I should focus on just the Songs of Innocence and of Experience, but I'm not so sure. A topic I was thinking about was his cynical views on Christianity and humanity, but I really need help. I have a full outline (thesis, topic sentences, majors, minors) due friday, and I'm pretty much screwed :flare:

Basically, we have to analyze about 30 pages (double-spaced) of his poetry and make a statement.

From our assignment:
How do you construct a paper that analyzes poetry?
•That depends on the poetry. But overall, you should be making a statement about what the poet(s) says and how he/she says it. So in your body paragraphs you should be addressing both what and how.
•Don't base a paragraph on a single poem. The ideas you develop should be based on as broad an array of evidence as possible.
•You don't have to completely analyze all the poems you include. Your points could draw on just one stanza or even one line of a poem.

The paper has an intro, 6 body paragraphs, and a conclusion.

Thanks in advance.

black auryal
05-24-2009, 05:34 AM
so you were screwed two days ago?
pitty i was too late i would have helped.
geuss its not like our school, some people were at the end of summer holiday's and still have to turn in their papers... they could constantly negotiate, hahahah i did n't know how that worked... but its treu.
i don't like technical analysis though, i like to adress what disturbs me in the world today, and Blake would have agreed fully in this, there is no safe haven of poetry no more, all words must be at war with stupidity that is abundent today.
and as far as analysis is concerned, poetry should be the opposite of commerce, the opposite of cheap irony. and one should seaze the metaphores in Blake, and fling them over to the positions of marketing and modernism... to bring havoc and chaos to their ranks.