PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

daisyland1639
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I have this persuasive essay in which we have to do some evaluative writing on any topic. I chose this trip I went on down to Minneapolis for urban immersion for one of my classes in college. I am having the upmost hard time thinking of how to write persuasively in my essay. If anyone out there has any suggestions on how to write persuasively instead of informatively then please share asap. The paper is due today. All the English teachers are busy. I even asked my newspaper teacher for help. The writing center is even all full today and they leave at 2:40 pm. I have class at 2 in college writing one. I was all busy the last two days so I couldn't even make it in to sign up for a time in the writing center. Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Sincerely,
daisyland1639

Scheherazade
04-20-2005, 03:05 PM
What is it that you want your readers to be persuaded to? Decide on the points you would like to make; then, try to think of reasons why people should believe/agree with you. If you take brief notes, listing the points you should mention. If you have a list like that you will find it easier to writeyour essay.

~K~
06-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I am sure you are done with this assignment by now and enjoying some time off.
In that type of writing medium, it is good to write down- cluster everything you loved about the topic and here is the trickiest you write down everything you do not like - The things you don't like find sources of information that would support it a positive way. Almost as if you were writing an argument or debate but you are not. It just helps you to keep objective and focused .
You can use that as background information.
Then write for both groups of readers the ones who don't really like the topic and the ones who love it already. You will have enough information to grab everyone's attention.