PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!!!

cfooseno1
04-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I need help with these next 3 essay topics!!!
They are kinda yes or no topics
1. Romeo and Juliet is a cautionary tale about the potential that human emotion has to lead people down dark and dangerous paths.

2. While Romeo and Juliet are described as "star crossed lovers" it is not fate but the personal discussions of one key individual that results in a tragic end for the two lovers.

3. (and this one is informal, look for the we can)
While the death of the young lovers is tragic, juliets demise seems even more saddening in that she begins as a character worthy of respect, but ends up as a character we can only pity. The deaths of Romeo and Juliet are therefore not equally tragic.

arzu
12-29-2009, 08:44 PM
2d question: Star crossed is using during describing a pair of lovers whose relationship is said to be doomed from the start. Romeo and Juliet's affair ended tragically. Further, it connotes that the lovers entered into their union without sufficient forethought or preparation; that the lovers may not have had adequate knowledge of each other or that they were not thinking rationally.

kelby_lake
12-30-2009, 08:53 AM
I need help with these next 3 essay topics!!!
They are kinda yes or no topics
1. Romeo and Juliet is a cautionary tale about the potential that human emotion has to lead people down dark and dangerous paths.
Whilst there might be that aspect, I don't think that's the main point. It's the hatred between the two old families and the destruction that causes.

2. While Romeo and Juliet are described as "star crossed lovers" it is not fate but the personal discussions of one key individual that results in a tragic end for the two lovers.
Fate vs. human error is a common theme in Shakespeare's tragedies. They do not appear to be destined as Romeo's love is quite fickle and they are young enough to make mistakes.

3. (and this one is informal, look for the we can)
While the death of the young lovers is tragic, juliets demise seems even more saddening in that she begins as a character worthy of respect, but ends up as a character we can only pity. The deaths of Romeo and Juliet are therefore not equally tragic.
When watching the play, I think the audience are equally sympathetic of both, although Romeo is the more experienced and Juliet more naive.

My thoughts.