PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Joseph Conrad

lynxeye90
04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi;)... I'm a student and have to do a classwork tomorrow... i have 2 questions for you:

1. Conrad can be considerate a writer of:
a-sea
b-head
c-universe
d-science

Choose one of these answers and motivate it

2. Conrad's works talk about:
a-Fantastic themes
b-Psychological themes
c-Scientific themes
d-Realistic themes

Thanks for all the help that you will give to me...:thumbs_up:D

oblivion252
04-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Sea - you can use 'Heart of Darkness' and some of his other seafaring stories.
And I'd go (although many argue he's pychological) for realist - again you can use HOD and 'The Secret Agent' for this: he documents what he sees.

Virgil
04-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi;)... I'm a student and have to do a classwork tomorrow... i have 2 questions for you:
Thanks for all the help that you will give to me...:thumbs_up:D

We're not here to do your homework. Those are easy questions, which means if you can't answer them you didn't even read it.

Janine
04-05-2009, 02:51 PM
We're not here to do your homework. Those are easy questions, which means if you can't answer them you didn't even read it.

Exactly, my own thought. This forum does not answer obvious homework questions. They give you homework so you can learn. If you did not read it then that is sad. If we answer them, then you learn nothing. Sorry, but I feel rather strongly about this and have noticed a number of students asking homework questions in this forum lately. I guess it is exam time.

Wilde woman
04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
For #2, I think Conrad's discussion of psychological themes is very interesting. Here's a short bit about madness as a theme in Heart of Darkness; you might find it helpful.

http://www.shmoop.com/theme/literature/joseph-conrad/heart-of-darkness/madness.html

Also, check out this theme under the "quotes" tab; it might help give you some ideas for your paper.