PDA

View Full Version : Literary Criticisms

mystery_spell
02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm currently in the process of looking for literary criticisms on Sense and Sensibility; however, I was wondering if anyone had a particular favorite criticism or one that they'd like to share. I need a criticism from the year that it was published (1811) and four more from in 1830 to modern day. I've been searching for some older ones, but they're much more difficult to find than modern ones--especially considering that the non-modern ones are typically not posted on the internet.

Any suggestions, comments, etc. are eagerly welcomed!

kiki1982
02-14-2009, 06:06 AM
I don't know whether it's somethng substancial, because I don't have time to read it all...

But take a look on this website: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/ilej/

It is a website with scanned articles of magazines in the 1800s. I saw an article on 'the novels of Austen' on it from about 1850. I don't know whether it was about Sense and Sensibility at all, but it was quite a long one...

I hope you find something on there...

Good luck anyway.

mystery_spell
02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't know whether it's somethng substancial, because I don't have time to read it all...

But take a look on this website: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/ilej/

It is a website with scanned articles of magazines in the 1800s. I saw an article on 'the novels of Austen' on it from about 1850. I don't know whether it was about Sense and Sensibility at all, but it was quite a long one...

I hope you find something on there...

Good luck anyway.

Wow, that's a lot of information without a proper search function. I looked for the article that you're talking about but did not have any luck finding it. Thank you though! I'm incredibly grateful. :)

mystery_spell
02-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Okay, so I took some suggestions that I was given and went to my school's library and asked for some help. There is barely anything on Sense and Sensibility in the literary criticism area. Also, I'm just having some extreme difficulty finding anything from the 1800s. I need something from just around the novel's publication year (1811) and then something from the mid and/or late 19th century.

I would appreciate any help, clues, etc. that you might be able to give me. Thank you!

(Note: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to double post on this website. However, I'm not spamming, so I guess it's not horrible. I'm terribly sorry if I'm not allowed to double post though!)