PDA

View Full Version : I Didnt Know Animal Farm Was So Complicated!

hilrocks09
03-10-2005, 02:06 PM
we have to read animal farm in our honors english class and there is way too many things representing something else!i would just say symbolism but thats not it.i wish we could just read the book without having to stop every two sentences!

IWilKikU
03-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Wow... piece of advice: Don't try 1984. Animal Farm is probably Orwell's easiest and most strait-forward book, provided you know the Bolshevik Revolution.

subterranean
03-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Indeed, the class would end after several semesters if you need to read 1984 :rolleyes:, coz you need to stop on EACH sentence

baddad
03-22-2005, 02:00 AM
we have to read animal farm in our honors english class and there is way too many things representing something else!i would just say symbolism but thats not it.i wish we could just read the book without having to stop every two sentences!

Hilrocks09, good lick, I mean, LUCK, with that project.....But your English honours class, is it at the high-school level??

Stanislaw
03-22-2005, 11:26 AM
I had to read in grade 9 during the rustian revolution unit in social studies. Perhaps watching the movie with Patrick Stewart first and then reading the novel will help you, it is always eisier to read something if you can visualize it and apply each character to some one in 'real life'

Stanislaw
03-23-2005, 12:16 PM
now now, lets not be to hasty master mary adock.

heh heh, lets all just be friends! :D

lhaeber
03-23-2005, 09:00 PM
We learned about the Russian Revolution in school, or began to rather, and while some of my classmates "got it", those that didn't were made to read animal farm..worked out well, all things considered. Kind of a good idea to do things backasswards as a teacher, I thought. Question though, what/whom does Mollie represent?

Assyra
05-14-2005, 06:07 AM
i had to read animal farm for my english class, actually i liked it, also we watched the movie and did some presantations on it. we had an exam, there were 10 questions and i wrote 3 full pages for answering those :) animal farm is great book and i think you should learn about something before you read it.