PDA

View Full Version : Author sub-forums

IWilKikU
03-06-2005, 04:35 PM
This feature is new since I returned and I was wondering how to tell if one of the sub-forums has a new message. There's the book at the front, but that doesn't tell me which sub-forum the new message is in.

mono
03-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Hiya, Kik. This thread may give you more information: http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3770
The author sub-forums work in the same manner as all of the other forums. By clicking on the 'Author & Book Directory,' a list of authors will appear with smaller links to the writer's books. By clicking on any specific author, the list of books will appear, revealing posts placed there.
Good luck. We all found it a bit confusing at first too.

IWilKikU
03-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Ok... I get all the stuff in that other thread, what I'm confused about:

When Kik logs on he looks at the list of forums to see which ones have new posts. If there's a book icon on the forum, that means somthings new. When he looks at Author-specific sub-forums, he sees ONE book icon. He scratches his head and says to himself.... "hmm... now which author's sub-forum do you suppose that new message is under?" This is Kik's dilemma.

Any thoughts?

subterranean
03-06-2005, 07:57 PM
:D :D

Go to new post??? Er...perhaps not really helpful..
Should go to the sub-section to find out about all the new posts??

Logos
03-06-2005, 07:58 PM
You have to click the Author/Book link and scroll down the list, the book icon for new posts shows up on left hand side.

IWilKikU
03-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Got it. Time consuming, but workable. Thanks Logos.