PDA

View Full Version : Which book of The Three Sisters should I purchase?

studentuk
01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I am looking at various publications of The Three Sisters online and trying to find which one to purchase. I would ideally like one that has annotation in it. I have never read any of Chekovs works but I have decided that I would like to learn more about literature.

Thank You:-):thumbs_up

studentuk
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM
well I decided after reiving no replies to my post to purchase a book of Chekovs plays a dvd of one of Antons works and hire a couple other pieces.

:flare: really upset at no replies to my post.

well thanks for the help all.....

studentuk
01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
well I decided to go to the University Library as I'm a student and borrow the Irish translation of the text another book by penguin with 5 plays. I also purchased a copy of the 5 plays some extra notes on them and a dvd.

It's great being at University as I find the people are so helpful and welcoming there and my goodness wow you ought to see the library there it's huge and has such a vast array that cant be found online.

what a wonderful resource it truely is.:lol:

p.s the Russian version of the three sisters is fantastic I find it reads better dont you.

the_black_skye
05-19-2009, 02:59 AM
i have the Penguin Classic translated by Peter Carson version, which I think you mentioned. I found that very agreeable. However I saw a radical adaptation that partly used the Irish translation, so now I'm all interested in that.

I can only imagine that the Russian version is far superior.