PDA

View Full Version : Annual Short Story Competition 2009!

Scheherazade
01-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Dear All,

The Literature Network will hold an annual short story competition, which will be open to all its members. The rules of the competition are:

1. The stories should be submitted as email attachments in MS Word format and should be minimum 500 and maximum 2000 words and include your Forum names as well. Please send your stories to [email protected]. Please do not post your stories on the Forum!

2. There will be 5 selections (in February, April, June, August and October) throughout the year and only the stories which have been submitted by the first of these months latest will be included in that month's elimination. The five stories which win the each selection will take part in the final voting in November and December.

3. Members can submit only one entry for each selection round. If their story is a winner, they will not be allowed to take part in other selections.

4. The Admin or Moderators are not responsible for editing or correcting of the stories and therefore the writers themselves are required to make sure that there are no grammatical or spelling errors. The submitted copy is final and further corrections by the writers will be disregarded.

5. Please still submit your stories in MS Word.docs. or Rich Text.rtf or Notepad.txt files, but PLAIN TEXT only.

If you want to FORMAT your stories, use the vBulletin forum codes, which can be found here:

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

6. Only those members with at least 100 posts by each voting period can submit stories for the competition and vote in the polls.

7. Those who enter the competition agree to keep the information on their identities and stories confidential till the end of that year (only the Admin and Moderators will have access to that information). Those who breach this rule will be disqualified automatically.

8. All entries should be your own original work and not have appeared anywhere else before. Authors retain the copyright rights for the stories submitted to the competition.

9. All submissions must be your sole creative work and written for this particular competition. Anyone found plagiarising will be disqualified from this and all future contests.

10. If one of the 5 entrants selected for the final vote are no longer a member of the site at the time of the final vote, they forfeit their entry and the second place entry for their leg of entries gets bumped to first place.

11. You can withdraw a story during the submission period; however, once the voting starts, no story can be withdrawn.

Good luck! :)

Those members who would like to take part in the first elimination in February can send their entries now (no later than January 31st).

--

Please post to this thread only if you have specific questions about the competition and we will try to answer as soon as possible.

--

Logos
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Please do NOT post your stories in this thread! they will be disqualified if you do. Entrants' identities are to be kept anonymous.

Make sure you meet the prerequisites before submitting your stories to

[email protected]

--

Scheherazade
03-11-2009, 05:52 PM
You can now submit your entries for the April elimination round.

Thank you!

Bookthief
03-19-2009, 07:02 PM
So we can write a short story about anything at all?

Scheherazade
03-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Yes, anything remembering that this is an all-ages Forum. :)

You have about 10 days to submit your stories.

Bookthief
03-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Okey doke:)

Scheherazade
03-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Please do not forget to include your Forum name in your submissions and do take the time to read the rules.

No exceptions will be made for any member under any circumstances.

Scheherazade
03-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Last 24 hours to submit your stories.

Scheherazade
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
You can now submit your stories for the June Elimination. Before doing so, please don't forget to read the Competition Rules.

beroq
05-07-2009, 06:46 AM
**Deleted by beroq**

Scheherazade
05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes, of course you can but you are not supposed to announce it on here!

:D

Nikhar
05-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi...I just wondered something. The competition's been online for so many years. But why hasn';t any of the winners posted a payment proof. Or if they have, I have missed it.

Just wondered, nothing else.:)

Scheherazade
05-16-2009, 07:58 PM
An interesting question, Nikhar... For which I have no answer, personally.

Having said that maybe you can ask the question to our winners :)

Nikhar
05-17-2009, 01:53 AM
An interesting question, Nikhar... For which I have no answer, personally.

Having said that maybe you can ask the question to our winners :)

Ok...thanks for your reply.

By the way, I had another query. Well, are all the stories that are submitted put up for voting (of course, I am only talking about the stories by users with more than 100 posts)?

Jozanny
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi...I just wondered something. The competition's been online for so many years. But why hasn';t any of the winners posted a payment proof. Or if they have, I have missed it.

Just wondered, nothing else.:)

Perhaps because there is no fee involved to fund the award. Most literary contests do involve a fee, and despite all my years in said literary publishing culture, I could not tell you which are fairest, though I tend to trust affliated university press reading contests over other types.

Lit Net's is probably the most democratic.

Scheherazade
05-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Last three days to submit entries for the next elimination.

Nikhar
06-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Isn't it 1st June already?

Scheherazade
06-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Isn't it 1st June already?I am sorry... Instead of sleeping at night and going to work today, I should have busied myself with posting the new entries and setting up the poll.

Won't let my real life interfere with my Forum duties again.

:rolleyes:

Nikhar
06-02-2009, 03:01 AM
I am sorry... Instead of sleeping at night and going to work today, I should have busied myself with posting the new entries and setting up the poll.

Won't let my real life interfere with my Forum duties again.

:rolleyes:

Lol...so sorry!

No offence was meant....perhaps that was not the politest way of putting a question.

Sorry again.

Scheherazade
07-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Last week to submit your stories for the August elimination!

Scheherazade
07-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Last 3 days to submit your stories.

Scheherazade
09-06-2009, 05:48 PM
You can now submit your stories for the October elimination.

Scheherazade
09-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Last 2 days to submit your stories for the October elimination, which is the last one this year.