PDA

View Full Version : Speak the Speech;

Amlóði
12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Shakespeare was meant to be heard and not read nor, some would argue, even watched (though I think most in this leg of the Network will agree that both of the latter are extremely enjoyable). A dear mentor and inspiration always said (and still says) to me that any intelligent reader of the text is automatically a capable actor of it. All the tools required to sing the verse as it was meant to be sung are included in knowledge of the major cultural references and a basic feel for the iambic pentameter. As we are most of us intelligent readers of Shakespeare's text, I propose that any and all who are willing to share even the barest sliver of their souls with me and the rest of the LNF mount the proverbial soapbox and speak the speech. Record yourself delivering a passage or two in some shape or form and post the link for all of us to enjoy. Faces are appreciated but not at all necessary. The readiness is all!

I apologize in advance if the topic of this thread is somehow inappropriate or has already been claimed elsewhere on the forum.