PDA

View Full Version : FAST Great Gatsby help?

glittershxck_x
12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Hello.
I have quite an issue. My grandmother is in the ICU and I don't have time to read this novel before the due date.
I have several pages of questions, and if anyone could answer them it would help me a lot. I do plan on reading the novel, just not at this time.
I don't want to seem like I'm just trying to get out of it. I simply do not have time.
I have class at 11:15a tomorrow (Dec 2) so I need answers fast. I've been all over the internet looking and can't find them.

These are the first two pages of questions:
(If you could bold either the questions or answers in your replies, it would be much appreciated.)

Chapter One.
1. What is the advice Nick's father has given him that he has been "turning over in [his] mind"?

2. What does Nick go east to learn?

3. What does Nick mean when he says, "life is much more successfully looked at from a single window, after all"?

4. What state does the novel take place in?

5. Who is Nick's neighbour?

6. Who does Nick know that lives in East Egg?

7. Based on Nick's description of Tom, what do you think of Tom?

8. What is our first indication that Tom abuses Daisy?

9. Notice all references to eyes in the novel. What do a person's eyes say about him or her? How does Nick describe Daisy's and Jordan Baker's eyes?

10. What causes Jordan Baker to "Sh!" Nick? What is she listening for? What does she reveal to Nick about Tom?

11. Daisy hopes her daughter will be a fool. She says, "that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." At this point in the novel, what do you think Daisy could be saying about the role of women in the 1920s?

12. What is the only thing that Nick can determine Gatsby is stretching his hands to in the dark?

Chapter Two.
1. What is half way between West Egg and New York?

2. What might ashes symbolize?

3. What does Wilson want from Tom?

4. How does Wilson's wife treat him?

5. How does Fitzgerald describe Myrtle Wilson?

6. Where does Catherine believe Gatsby gets his money?

7. Catherine confides to Nick, "Neither of them can stand the person they're married to." Do you, at this point in the novel, believe this is true or false?

8. What seemed to be a great disappointment for Myrtle concerning her marriage to George?

9. What causes Tom and Myrtle to fight around midnight? What does Tom do to Myrtle?

10. How is the party in this chapter different from the dinner party in Chapter 1?

Thank you all. I will post the next two pages once the answers are posted. :)
<3

Etienne
12-01-2008, 03:53 PM
:yawnb:

Khyansaria
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
1. People don't have the same privileges you do
2. stockbroking
3. (I don't remember, sorry)
4. New York
5. Gatsby