PDA

View Full Version : Twilight

stephofthenight
11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
hm so i was wondering everyones opinion of the movie. I didnt like it as much as the books, but when looking at it as just a movie it was okay.

Annamariah
12-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm not excepting it to be that good, but I'm definitely going to see it. I'll just have to wait another month before it will finally get to Finnish movie theaters...

Joreads
12-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I have read the book and loved it. We are still waiting on the movie to come out here (Austraila) we have another week to wait. I have all but finished the second book!!

I will come back and vote when I see the movie.

longsocks
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Im a twilight junkie!
read whole saga!
and iv'e seen the movie 5 times! [=

Joreads
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Im a twilight junkie!
read whole saga!
and iv'e seen the movie 5 times! [=

So spill the beans is the movie as good as the book - wait if you have seen it five times that really answers my question:lol:

Now you have made the waiting even worse;)

BulletproofDork
12-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Really enjoyed the books, haven't seen the movie and most likely won't until it comes to the library. (Which could take a while)

Shalot
12-04-2008, 01:05 AM
There was no option for "I have no idea what this Twilight stuff is all about. I saw it advertised on myspace, and I recognize the dude from Goblet of Fire and I gather it has something to do with Vampires, but I'm much to old to get excited about it."

That's what I would have picked.

Niamh
12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
There was no option for "I have no idea what this Twilight stuff is all about. I saw it advertised on myspace, and I recognize the dude from Goblet of Fire and I gather it has something to do with Vampires, but I'm much to old to get excited about it."

Never too old shal! I read the books and loved them! movie not out for another couple of weeks but cant wait to see it! And i knoe people older than me that loved them too.

Joreads
12-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I finished reading the second book New Moon last night and will be moving on to the third tonight.

WhimsySA
12-06-2008, 07:31 AM
I've read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn and I enjoyed them all. Havn't seen the movie yet, it isn't out here either. I think its only coming out at the end of the month actually and then I'll have to drive 2 hours to see it. But I can't wait!

Skinny Map
12-06-2008, 10:32 AM
I have read the book, and I'm looking forward to watching the film.

samercury
12-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Why isn't there an "I read/saw both the books and the movie and hated both" option? :(

Guinivere
12-06-2008, 02:02 PM
I read the book and absolutely loved it. I read some of the others too but it seems to me that the story gets a bit boring and well Jacob got on my nerves.
Saw the movie this week and thought it was really well done. Both of the lead characters were well casted. I guess as far as teen romance goes it doesn't get any better. Plus the pictures were beautiful and the film score too.

andave_ya
12-06-2008, 04:08 PM

likewise.

Joreads
12-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Well I have finished the 3rd book WOW it just keeps getting better. I love this series.

Cellar Door
12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I didn't see the movie, but I didn't like the books. To be fair, I read them all, and gave them a shot, but they just didn't do it for me. I didn't think they had good character development, didn't like the action-based plot (but that might be good for for a movie), and couldn't understand why a Jacob-narrated chapter was included out of nowhere... I could understand why others enjoy them, though; just wasn't my cup o tea ;)

AshleyMare
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I loved the Twilight books. The movie sucked yet I cannot wait to see it again. Its strange.......

Joreads
12-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I loved the Twilight books. The movie sucked yet I cannot wait to see it again. Its strange.......

Can you tell us what it was about the movie that you did not like? It comes out today here and it is all over the press. I have to hold out to Saturday though :( there is a group of us going to see it from book club. I can not wait

Niamh
12-11-2008, 07:40 AM
I didn't see the movie, but I didn't like the books. To be fair, I read them all, and gave them a shot, but they just didn't do it for me. I didn't think they had good character development, didn't like the action-based plot (but that might be good for for a movie), and couldn't understand why a Jacob-narrated chapter was included out of nowhere... I could understand why others enjoy them, though; just wasn't my cup o tea ;)
Yeha i thought it was a bit random at the end of the third book but Jacob becomes one of the narrators in the last book(...which it appears you havent read... :) ) but i thought the last book was a let down. Now if she would only publish midnight sun...

Can you tell us what it was about the movie that you did not like? It comes out today here and it is all over the press. I have to hold out to Saturday though :( there is a group of us going to see it from book club. I can not wait

Poor you! I have to wait till next friday! thats a whole week! but its only out then! :D Going with three others. There will be four mid to late 20 somethings getting a bit too excited!:D

librarius_qui
12-11-2008, 07:46 AM
There's an option missing:

"I didn't read the book; I won't read it, unless cows rain from the skies ..."

I don't like to follow the mobs. Possibly I'll watch it years from now, when people kind of have forgotten it, or stopped to talk about that much. As it was with some other things. And usually is.

Well, that's me.

Anyway ... is it good? :D haha! Convince me to read it! (Tough mission!)

:crash:

Niamh
12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm usually the same Lib, but like with Harry Potter, my curiosity got the better of me! :p

Joreads
12-11-2008, 05:23 PM
There's an option missing:

"I didn't read the book; I won't read it, unless cows rain from the skies ..."

I don't like to follow the mobs. Possibly I'll watch it years from now, when people kind of have forgotten it, or stopped to talk about that much. As it was with some other things. And usually is.

Well, that's me.

Anyway ... is it good? :D haha! Convince me to read it! (Tough mission!)

:crash:

I think the novels (I have read all four of them now) are great I was hooked from the first page of the first novel. I know people say this all the time but I really could not put the book down.

It is a shame that you let "the mob" decide what you will read and what you will not - just remember that sometimes "the mob" may actually get it right.:lol:

*Classic*Charm*
12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I had never had any intention of reading the books are seeing the film because it didn't sound like something that would interest me. All the talk though made me more curious so I watched the movie last night...I'm intrigued lol. I kind of want to read the books now..

Joreads
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
I had never had any intention of reading the books are seeing the film because it didn't sound like something that would interest me. All the talk though made me more curious so I watched the movie last night...I'm intrigued lol. I kind of want to read the books now..

I haven't seen the movie yet it came out here yesterday so we will go tomorrow. I can not wait to see it. I am gald that you enjoyed it Classic Charm. I hope I do to with all of the anticipation and the build up I hope it is not a let down.

1n50mn14
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM
I read the first book ages ago when it first came out and nobody had ever even heard of it, and all the kids who weren't 'goth' made fun of the 'goth' kids for liking morbid things like vampires. So now I'm completely turned off by reading anymore (because I despise teen fiction, the lack of character development, or a solid plot. Wait, not even solid, just not predictable and ... oh so stereotypically vampire-y!), and I definately will NOT see the movie, a)due to the CULT following and b)due to the fact that movies are never, ever, as good as the book.

Niamh
12-12-2008, 06:50 AM

Thats the same reason i ended up getting into the Potter books. My curiosity got the better of me, saw the first movie. It was nothing i had expected as what i expected was completely different in my head and i went and read the books...

Yaminon
12-12-2008, 10:43 AM
I read the first book and couldn't bring myself to read any of the others or watch the movie. It was literally painful.

*Classic*Charm*
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
and all the kids who weren't 'goth' made fun of the 'goth' kids for liking morbid things like vampires.

Really? My friends are definitely not "goth" types, but I know of at least two with vampire fetishes. That's right, they don't just find them interesting to read about, they get turned on by them...It's true, though, the books are always better than the movies. That's why if I can help it, I like to read the book after I've seen the film. A lot of times that's not possible though.

Joreads
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeha i thought it was a bit random at the end of the third book but Jacob becomes one of the narrators in the last book(...which it appears you havent read... :) ) but i thought the last book was a let down. Now if she would only publish midnight sun...

Poor you! I have to wait till next friday! thats a whole week! but its only out then! :D Going with three others. There will be four mid to late 20 somethings getting a bit too excited!:D

I agree totally with you about the 4th book Niamh. I was let down by it also. That being said I am an Edward girl not a Jacob so maybe that was it. The second book was my least favorite one - not much Edward. I have read the first twelve chapters of midnight sun that are on her web site - if you haven't read it read it now it is great - if you didn't love Edward before you will after that. I heard that she is finishing it now so we can only hope.

Well I have finally seen it - I was a little disappointed don't get me wrong it is a great movie but some of my favorite things from the book were not in the movie. I am going to see it again this week and let it all sink in.

vheissu
12-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Picked up the first one in a bookshop today and tried to read the first chapter. Simply couldn't get into it....and I don't know if I would actually go and see the film, the trailer didn't exactly appeal to me.

Anyway, what's peculiar is this sudden increased interest in vampires: there's Twilight on one side and the Southern Vampire Mysteries on the other: both are book series and both have been adapted to the big or small screen (True Blood if I'm not mistaken for the latter) :confused:

Joreads
12-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Picked up the first one in a bookshop today and tried to read the first chapter. Simply couldn't get into it....and I don't know if I would actually go and see the film, the trailer didn't exactly appeal to me.

Anyway, what's peculiar is this sudden increased interest in vampires: there's Twilight on one side and the Southern Vampire Mysteries on the other: both are book series and both have been adapted to the big or small screen (True Blood if I'm not mistaken for the latter) :confused:

I am not sure that there has been a sudden increase in vampire interest. We fans have always been there I think what has happened is we have gone "mainstream" for lack of a better word. There was Buffy, Moonlight and you are correct True Blood now.

What I think sometimes gets overlooked with Twilight is that at its core it is a love story with two "people" that could not be more wrong for each other. It is the ulimate love story really. The bous for us fans of vampire mythology is Edward.

NEEMAN
12-14-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm probably going to pick up this book for my sister, but I have to say, from the words 'sparkling vampires', I have found it hard to hear about this book without rolling my eyes.

sprinks
12-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I ended up watching the movie with friends. It was on of my friends birthday and that was the movie she wanted to see... And... not only did she spend half the time asking us what was going on, the rest of the time everyone else was complaining that barely any of the "traditional" traits of vampires remained. Some of the special effects in the movie could have been a little better, a little smoother and less obvious. Also I'm guessing the ending would make more sense if I completely read the book, as it just seemed a little... odd. It seemed to have fixed up all the loose ends and then it went to being a little more open ended again. Unless it was just the timing of the shot. (I would explain in more detail what I'm talking about but I'm guessing not everyone has seen it yet, and I don't want to detail it too much whether they read the book or not.)

Niamh
12-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree totally with you about the 4th book Niamh. I was let down by it also. That being said I am an Edward girl not a Jacob so maybe that was it. The second book was my least favorite one - not much Edward. I have read the first twelve chapters of midnight sun that are on her web site - if you haven't read it read it now it is great - if you didn't love Edward before you will after that. I heard that she is finishing it now so we can only hope.

Is she really finishing it now? I thought after the leaks that got on to the internet she wasnt going to and that is way she put it on her site...
...I tried not to read it because of what had happened but in the end i couldnt resist! and yes! I really enjoyed it till it finished! you dont know how much i prayed for it to go as far as the meadow scene...but it didnt! It would be the perfect way to finish the series, especially after Breaking Dawn was disappointing in comparison to the others.

I'm off to see it this friday in the cinema. cant wait. Its only out this weekend!

Niamh
12-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Throw me a bone here will ye's!
http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?p=647927#post647927 :p

Joreads
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Is she really finishing it now? I thought after the leaks that got on to the internet she wasnt going to and that is way she put it on her site...
...I tried not to read it because of what had happened but in the end i couldnt resist! and yes! I really enjoyed it till it finished! you dont know how much i prayed for it to go as far as the meadow scene...but it didnt! It would be the perfect way to finish the series, especially after Breaking Dawn was disappointing in comparison to the others.

I'm off to see it this friday in the cinema. cant wait. Its only out this weekend!

You will have to PM when you have seen it I would love to know what you think. Six of us went to see the movie and we discussed it for hours afterwards. I won't say any more don't want to spoil it for you. I am going to see it again on Thursday - I have half the office reading it now and they are making me go and see it (though it did not take much arm twisting:lol:)

Niamh
12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
You will have to PM when you have seen it I would love to know what you think. Six of us went to see the movie and we discussed it for hours afterwards. I won't say any more don't want to spoil it for you. I am going to see it again on Thursday - I have half the office reading it now and they are making me go and see it (though it did not take much arm twisting:lol:)

I'm sure it didnt! :lol: there are four of us going. I've been reading the companion book in work. All about the making of the film. I love these type of books. Probs because i did study film...

Joreads
12-15-2008, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=Niamh;647939]Is she really finishing it now? I thought after the leaks that got on to the internet she wasnt going to and that is way she put it on her site...

Sorry just saw this I didn't mean to be rude and not answer. A friend sent me a pod cast I lost the link but it was in the itunes web site?? where she said that because there was such an interest in the books now she will finish it so that it can be published. I read it also I couldn't help myself - seriously are you more in love with Edward after reading it:p.

My friends and I are thirty plus (one of us is 50+) so really we should be ashamed of ourselves lusting after a seventeen year old but than again he is really over 100 years old so I guess that makes it OK.;)

Poor Jacob he really doesn't stand a chance does he.:p

*Classic*Charm*
12-15-2008, 10:23 PM
This thread is making me more excited to read them! I need to find a friend to borrow them from...

Joreads
12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
This thread is making me more excited to read them! I need to find a friend to borrow them from...

I am not sure if I have said this before but one of my friends is a librarian and she is always bringing me books that she thinks I will like (yes it is great). She gave me a copy of Twilight and told me that she loved it and she was sure that I would love it as well. She gave me one warning do not start the book unless you have time to read it as Joanne you will not be able to put the book down (she knows me to well). She says that to me all the time so I didn’t really worry about it. I was at home on a Tuesday night and there was not much on TV so I thought I would start the book I was still reading at 12 midnight and I still couldn’t put it down I finally finished at 2am. I really could not put the book down. I have never read a book that has held my attention like that and I never reread books ever until now. I have read all four books and I have reread Twilight already. So Classic Charm be careful:lol::lol:

Niamh
12-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry just saw this I didn't mean to be rude and not answer. A friend sent me a pod cast I lost the link but it was in the itunes web site?? where she said that because there was such an interest in the books now she will finish it so that it can be published. I read it also I couldn't help myself - seriously are you more in love with Edward after reading it:p.
Really? i doubt could still get that pod cast...i'll look into it...

My friends and I are thirty plus (one of us is 50+) so really we should be ashamed of ourselves lusting after a seventeen year old but than again he is really over 100 years old so I guess that makes it OK.;)

Hahaha! thats what i keep telling myself! :p well the group of us going are all mid to late 20's...

Do. :nod:

*Classic*Charm*
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I am not sure if I have said this before but one of my friends is a librarian and she is always bringing me books that she thinks I will like (yes it is great). She gave me a copy of Twilight and told me that she loved it and she was sure that I would love it as well. She gave me one warning do not start the book unless you have time to read it as Joanne you will not be able to put the book down (she knows me to well). She says that to me all the time so I didn’t really worry about it. I was at home on a Tuesday night and there was not much on TV so I thought I would start the book I was still reading at 12 midnight and I still couldn’t put it down I finally finished at 2am. I really could not put the book down. I have never read a book that has held my attention like that and I never reread books ever until now. I have read all four books and I have reread Twilight already. So Classic Charm be careful:lol::lol:

This happens to me a LOT! Thanks for the warning! I have all the time on the world right now, which is excellent so I think this might be the right time!

Joreads
12-16-2008, 06:46 PM
This happens to me a LOT! Thanks for the warning! I have all the time on the world right now, which is excellent so I think this might be the right time!

You are so lucky to have so much time. I am still at work for another week but at least Uni has finished. I am on holidays for a few weeks from the 24th and I have plenty of books to read and movies to see. I love this time of the year. It is summer here and the days are longer so I can sit outside after dinner and read until about 7:30pm and it is still day light.

I just thought if we keep this up we might be able to get a commission for everyone we get to read these books:lol:

*Classic*Charm*
12-16-2008, 07:06 PM
You are so lucky to have so much time. I am still at work for another week but at least Uni has finished. I am on holidays for a few weeks from the 24th and I have plenty of books to read and movies to see. I love this time of the year. It is summer here and the days are longer so I can sit outside after dinner and read until about 7:30pm and it is still day light.

I just thought if we keep this up we might be able to get a commission for everyone we get to read these books:lol:

Yeah, uni is finished for me too, I was done last wednesday, earlier than most schools. I'm not working, unfortunately. I was hoping my boss would have hours for me over the break, but there aren't any so more time for reading and movie watching! And there's no warm weather here- so I just hole myself up inside with warm tea and a book!

A commission would be much deserved, though I have to say that I wanted to read them before reading this thread- but you've definitely made me look forward to them more!

Niamh
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
yes! it would be well deserved! :p

livelaughlove
12-17-2008, 12:36 AM
I read the whole series in about a week (and exam week nonetheless, haha). I saw the movie and I know it could be better... some parts were kind of cheesy.. but I loved it anyway. :)

Joreads
12-17-2008, 12:51 AM
I read the whole series in about a week (and exam week nonetheless, haha). I saw the movie and I know it could be better... some parts were kind of cheesy.. but I loved it anyway. :)

It took me two weeks to read them all work kind of gets in the way sometimes:lol:

I really didn't like the movie some of my favorite parts from the novel were not included and I think that is why. Once everyone has seen the movie maybe we can discuss that as well???

I am going to see the movie tomorrow night again and try and keep my mind open this time I will let you know how I go with that:p

Furbla
12-17-2008, 03:56 AM
Despite the charming Edward Cullen, and the oh so perfect Bella Swan, I find the Twilight series to be graciously cliche.
I found that it is an overly romantic Buffy novel, with a love for perfect heroes. Nevertheless, I find Stephenie Myer's writing compelling, but the overly stated 'perfection' of the heroes, irritating.

Niamh
12-17-2008, 07:01 AM
It took me two weeks to read them all work kind of gets in the way sometimes:lol:

I really didn't like the movie some of my favorite parts from the novel were not included and I think that is why. Once everyone has seen the movie maybe we can discuss that as well???

I am going to see the movie tomorrow night again and try and keep my mind open this time I will let you know how I go with that:p

Hey! i still managed to read the whole thing and M.S. in seven days regardless of work! work was just this nusance that got in my way! :p

Joreads
12-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey! i still managed to read the whole thing and M.S. in seven days regardless of work! work was just this nusance that got in my way! :p

Niamh I am off to see the movie again tonight we now have about 15 of us going so it should be great. MS is by far my favorite of all of the novels by the way I love knowing what Edward is thinking;).

We will have to exchange thoughts on the movie once you have seen it. Have a great day

Jo

Sonofjohn
12-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I would prefer to do something less painful. Such as eating glass, letting it pass through my digestive system, and finally remove it with a bowel movement.

Niamh
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Niamh I am off to see the movie again tonight we now have about 15 of us going so it should be great. MS is by far my favorite of all of the novels by the way I love knowing what Edward is thinking;).

We will have to exchange thoughts on the movie once you have seen it. Have a great day

Jo

will do!!! :p

Joreads
12-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Saw the movie for the second time and I enjoyed it much more the second time I think because I knew what was coming. I could have lived without the girls screaming when Edward came onto the screen for the first time. Just for the record no it wasn't me :p

Niamh
12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Saw the movie for the second time and I enjoyed it much more the second time I think because I knew what was coming. I could have lived without the girls screaming when Edward came onto the screen for the first time. Just for the record no it wasn't me :p

no bloody way!! teenagers! :rolleyes: I'll be sitting down to watch it in nine hours. Am looking forward to it!! :D

I have a feeling i know what has been left out and i know i'll be disapointed if it is what i think it is!

Niamh
12-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Okay so saw the movie. It could have been way better than it was. I think i liked the second half of it the most because it had more loyalty to the book...and Rob P's acting was a millon times better when he wasnt looking constipated. There where a few cringe moments plus plenty of dialogue that was better left unsaid. And they missed out on so many of the scenes that reflect the developement of their relationship and the electricity that exists between them. The Meadow was a let down.

Joreads
12-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Niamh I agree with 100% they left so many great scenes out and some of them were my favorite in the book - the blood typing for one. I saw it a second time and I liked it much more when I forgot about the book and just enjoyed it for what it was.

They are starting to film New Moon in the new year lets hope they do a better job. This was my least favorite book - not enough Edward!!!

Niamh
12-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Yes its already in pre production! Different director this time. the guy who did the golden compass chris weiz is taking over so New Moon is going to me very different. I think this is good, especially whin it comes to the wolves. Look what he invisioned and directed with T.G.C and the deamons? they'll use more cgi too i recon. they used more stunts and props in Twilight thn cgi which created a lot of the cheesiness.
Yeah i cant believe they left out the blood typing bit and the bio class scenes when they watch the movie and there is supposed to be like electricity betwee them.

Joreads
12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
I loved the "His Dark Materials" books and I loved the movie as well. It was to bad that it didn't take off it would have been interesting to see what they did with the other books.

New Moon was my least favorite book - not enough Edward for me!!!. Your right it will be interesting to see how they do the wolves. I can hardly wait it is far to long between movies for me.

WhimsySA
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I saw the movie on Friday! It was great. I was surprised at how few people there were though, I guess South Africa hasn't really taken to it just yet

Niamh
12-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I loved the "His Dark Materials" books and I loved the movie as well. It was to bad that it didn't take off it would have been interesting to see what they did with the other books.

New Moon was my least favorite book - not enough Edward for me!!!. Your right it will be interesting to see how they do the wolves. I can hardly wait it is far to long between movies for me.

Yes i'm a big fan of those books too! I loved the movie. It had a constant pace. Thats why i'm excited about Chris Weis! Can you just imagine what he will invision for the wolves???!!!
As for lack of Edward...I reckon they will have like a ghostly apparition of Edward appear every time she goes to do something stupid rather than her just hearing his voice. So maybe there will be more of him than in the book!!!

Joreads
12-22-2008, 06:16 PM
I think Chris Weis will do an excellent job also. As for me I am sure I can survive without Edward for one movie!!.

WhimsySA glad you like the movie have you tried the books yet?

Niamh
12-23-2008, 06:24 AM
I think Chris Weis will do an excellent job also. As for me I am sure I can survive without Edward for one movie!!.

WhimsySA glad you like the movie have you tried the books yet?

Yes so could I, but i dont think the Edward obsessed teeny boppers that squealed when he came on the screen and had me and my friends in stitches could!! (yes, i had the squealers as well!! Was hillarious!!! :p Was like over half the audience squealed in unison!)

Joreads
12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes so could I, but i dont think the Edward obsessed teeny boppers that squealed when he came on the screen and had me and my friends in stitches could!! (yes, i had the squealers as well!! Was hillarious!!! :p Was like over half the audience squealed in unison!)

Well at least we can hold our heads up I wanted to scream but didn't:lol: I am actually thinking of going and seeing it again over the holidays - am I getting obsessed Niamh?:blush:

*Classic*Charm*
12-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Well at least we can hold our heads up I wanted to scream but didn't:lol: I am actually thinking of going and seeing it again over the holidays - am I getting obsessed Niamh?:blush:

No such thing! I've seen it twice, but both times I saw pirated versions online, which were presumably filmed by a recorder by someone watching it in a theatre. The quality was okay but Edward didn't sparkle as I was told he was supposed to. But now the internet police have cracked down and gotten rid of these illegal versions and now I actually have to fork out money to go see it!

Niamh
12-24-2008, 05:34 AM

Nope! I'm going to go see it again too!

No such thing! I've seen it twice, but both times I saw pirated versions online, which were presumably filmed by a recorder by someone watching it in a theatre. The quality was okay but Edward didn't sparkle as I was told he was supposed to. But now the internet police have cracked down and gotten rid of these illegal versions and now I actually have to fork out money to go see it!

Darn! would have asked you for a link!!

*Classic*Charm*
12-31-2008, 01:39 AM
We have a problem on our hands...

December 25th, 11am- Receive Twilight and New Moon
December 26th, 12am- Start reading Twilight
December 26th, 11am- Finish Twilight, start New Moon
(insert a couple breaks for food and whatnot, and a 2-hour nap)
December 27th, 4am- Finish New Moon

I then went to work for 6 hours at 9am, and then proceeded to check 4 different book stores for Eclipse, which I did not find. 3 more bookstores the next day, and I had it in my hand (though this was the only store NOT to have Breaking Dawn:flare:) Oh, and to tide me over, I read all of the illegal unfinished draft of Midnight Sun as well.

December 29th, 6pm- Start Eclipse
(insert a full night's sleep because I started getting dizzy spells)
December 30th, 10pm- Finish Eclipse, Make a trip to Wal Mart for Breaking Dawn, which they did not have!!!

And here I am...

Nightshade
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Classic... try your local library, the series is THAT popular they will probably have bought more than a few copies in, and if they have the same trends as we do, people return most books at this time of year becuase they dont want then to mysteriously get lost over the holiday season. :D

Joreads
12-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey Classic that pretty much sounds like the way that I read them but i was lucky enought to have all four books when i started.

I went and saw the movie for the 3rd time and I am getting use to it now only problem is I now have to wait a whole year for New Moon. I actually "have" to go and see it again I am told as I have all of my friends reading it and they now want to see the movie.

Let us know if you find breaking dawn and what you think and you really have to see Edward Sparkle it is worth the money.

Niamh
01-03-2009, 07:01 PM
I take it you have become a twilight groupie then Classic!:p

Hey Classic that pretty much sounds like the way that I read them but i was lucky enought to have all four books when i started.

I was lucky enough to work in a book shop that sold them all only by the time i was half way through equalipse it was my weekend off work and i went all the way to a mall that had a H&H so i could buy Breaking Dawn....

mystery_spell
01-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I did not really enjoy the books. The concept was decent, but I feel like a lot of it was taken from other vampire stories. I also think that Stephenie Meyer does not write very well and that she unnecessarily prolongs the story. Anyway, this isn't supposed to be about the books, so moving on! I thought the movie was decent. Nothing special really.

Behemoth
02-19-2009, 01:05 PM
I loved Twilight when I read it, I think it's the strongest of the four novels and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting the movie to be up to much (after what they did to Captain Corelli's Mandolin on the big screen, i've been an eternal pessimist :P). However, I was really surprised and thought that it was great. I think one of the main problems with people's reception of this series is that it's taken too seriously - to be fair, it's trashy teenage vampire fiction, and this is why I love it :D

theoryofsilence
03-26-2009, 06:29 PM
i have read all the books multipule times an i have never seen the movie an never will. books have their own personality an well movies based off books take that away. i have seen previews of teh movie an it just looks so off the story i dnt care for ir nor ever will. so i will never watch it. but i kno my friends will make inthe next month or so. they are really going to hold me against my will an maybe even sit on me in order to watch it. an im dreading that day to come. but when it soes i will galdly come an tell you how i feel about the movie. i already hate it. an most liekly still will when my friends make me watch it.

Mathor
03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
If only I were a girl and in high school, my opinions on this movie would probably be a lot different. But unfortunately I didn't really enjoy this movie at all.

edit: however, i have never read the books but the movie made me not want to read em.

higley
03-26-2009, 11:28 PM
If only I were a girl and in high school, my opinions on this movie would probably be a lot different. But unfortunately I didn't really enjoy this movie at all.

edit: however, i have never read the books but the movie made me not want to read em.

Being a high school girl would help. ;) My coworker (a high school girl) loves the series, so I gave the first book a try but only got about a third of the way through it before giving up. Just not my cup o tea.

dramasnot6
03-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Twilight...movie or book,it doesn't matter, makes me feel as though feminism never existed. I am deeply ashamed that so many of my peers worship it.