PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things I Hate About You -- Essay Help

bored155
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey all, i'm in a bind... My draft of this essay is due tomorrow >.< I'm supposed to write about how the movie (10 Things I...) informs me of things in the original Shakespeare play (Taming of the Shrew). I'm not supposed to summarize or try and discuss themes (I don't think...) but talk about what the movie helped clarify or helped me understand more deeply about the play. I need to use quotes (as in any "good" essay) and I most certainly am not trying to just copy anybody here. I'm just bad at coming up with the beginning ideas; but once I get started, i'm able to take that idea and ruuuuunnn!!!!! :idea: Help?! Thanks in advance!!!

(PS: I'm not trying to boast at all, but this is for my Honors program literature class at CSU Chico, so please, let your knowledge and creativity flow and please try and help me get a few points that were clarified by the movie!! thx again.):thumbs_up:thumbs_up

kelby_lake
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
You will end up talking about themes. They're your starting point. Take for example Little Red Riding Hood. Themes are childhood growing up and stranger danger.
If I made a film based on it, I might strongly emphasise the growing up but not really talk about the idea of deception. For you, deception might be the main theme of the story, and so you'd highlight that you felt the film ignored a vital part of the play.