PDA

View Full Version : I know this is probaly typical but i need some help.

tdahlke
11-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I just started going back to school after a 20 year break. I'm currently taking an intro to literature class and have to do a group project on Edgar Allan Poe. Nobody in my group seems to want to work on it and I am at a lose as to what to do. I'm looking for some suggestions on how to do this. It has to be about 20-30 minutes long and can't be a biography. I would appreciate any suggestions anybody has.

tdahlke
11-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm not looking for someone to do this for me, I'm just trying to get some suggestions of what I could do. I really would appreciate some basic ideas. The only idea i have is to do a Poe version of the reduced Shakespeare comedy, but i don't really know even close to enough about Poe to do something like that.

Bitterfly
11-26-2008, 07:19 PM
What kind of ideas are you looking for? Something creative or something more in the lit-crit vein? Because then you could choose a theme that seems to be a characteristic of his stories and study it in a few of them... like the fantastic, or containment, or houses, or madness, or the double... Lots of themes to choose from, actually!

tdahlke
11-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Thank you for replying. I'm not really sure what i need to do. My teacher is pretty vague about it. I guess I'm looking for something a little creative. I just have no idea how to do a presentation on an author and not make it biographical. Your idea of themes does help, but we havn't read alot of his works in class so I don't really have alot to work with.

GREENWOLFE1962
11-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I would get a costume and dress up like Poe . Perform a reading . Have the other members of the group ask you planted questions and you give prepared
answers . Should be entertaining . Good grade if it is .

Greenwolfe 1962

tdahlke
12-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the ideas Bitterfly and Greenwolfe1962. I did my presentation yesterday and got an A on it.:D