PDA

View Full Version : Joining...?

Miss Darcy
02-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Hey everyone,

What do I have to do to join the book club? I'm sorry, I must be really blind and all, but for firsts, I'm not wearing my glasses ;) , and for seconds, there's so many threads in here that I got lost....

So basically, I'd be interested in the Book Club, but what do I have to do to join? And if I do, is it okay for me to start reading the Lord of the Flies now? (I have to read it for school anyway...)

- Miss Darcy

Scheherazade
02-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Welcome to the Club Miss Darcy! :)
You can join in anytime you like... We are still reading 'Lord of the Flies', which is our February book. Feel free to nominate or vote for the books in the polls as well.

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3757

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Miss Darcy
02-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Thanks Scheherazade! I voted for the Edith Wharton book because I've been studying her recently; but Kurt Vonnegut sound pretty good too (I'm only going to be studying him later...). :)

mono
02-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum and book-club, Miss_Darcy. The past club books still remain in the line of threads, which accounts for most of the discussions. As Scheherazade, the honorable book-club moderator, mentioned William Golding's Lord of the Flies members voted as February's book.
Happy reading, and, again, welcome!

Jay
02-12-2005, 02:27 PM
:wave: Welcome, Miss Darcy. Awww, you should have voted for Orlando :D:D:D, so Scher doesn't need to ask the bones which book shall we read in case of a tie :angel:

Stanislaw
02-14-2005, 06:18 PM
tie, getting optimisitic are we?!?! :D

Jay
02-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Indeed, capn't Plank :D

Stanislaw
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
be ye threatening me!!! :D

Jay
02-16-2005, 10:42 AM
*bows her head a bit and in a grave voice she quoths:*
Indeed
:D:D:D

Stanislaw
02-16-2005, 09:50 PM
oyvey, now that be serious!

well be it a duel, I most gladly accept! :D

bobthejeep
04-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi! It's nice to see a still active book club on the net. Oo! And reading A Brave New World, no less. I've been meaning to read that since Christmas.

So, I am a little confused, though. Where exactly does the discussion take place? I saw a bunch of threads for April polls and such. Maybe nobody has started the thread yet? I guess it is only the first of April. :)