PDA

View Full Version : Searching For 30 Years...

Izzy7
08-27-2008, 02:05 AM
...for an O Henry short story about two pen pals who agree to finally meet in a bar after years of corresponding. The male has fallen in love with the words of his female pen pal, but he's nervous about what will happen if he's not attracted to her. Naturally, there is a wonderful twist ending.

I remember reading and loving the story when I was a kid, but have not been able to find it since. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LeeJay
09-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I think the story you are looking for is "Appointment with Love" by S. I. Kishor.

LeeJay
09-27-2008, 08:58 AM
I believe the story you are searching for is "Appointment with Love" by S. I. Kishor. This story does have an O. Henry-like surprise ending.

Sly Kelly
12-16-2008, 01:58 PM
The story is by O Henry and it is called "After Twenty Years." A GREAT story....changed my life back in 1977.....

Sly Kelly
12-16-2008, 01:59 PM
...for an O Henry short story about two pen pals who agree to finally meet in a bar after years of corresponding. The male has fallen in love with the words of his female pen pal, but he's nervous about what will happen if he's not attracted to her. Naturally, there is a wonderful twist ending.

I remember reading and loving the story when I was a kid, but have not been able to find it since. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 5 The story is by O Henry and it is called "After Twenty Years." A GREAT story....changed my life back in 1977.....

Sly Kelly
12-16-2008, 02:00 PM

or not!