PDA

View Full Version : HENRY V

bartczak
09-01-2002, 09:08 PM
How many times does he refer to 'dogs'?

Eric, son of Chuck
09-03-2002, 08:22 PM
There are exactly eight uses of the word "dog" or "dogs" in Henry V.

King Henry V - Act 1. Scene II
at home, cannot defend our own doors from the dog, let us be worried and our nation loset
* King Henry V - Act 2. Scene I
br>pish!pistol pish for thee, iceland dog! thou prick-ear'd cur of iceland!hoste
* King Henry V - Act 2. Scene II
for your own reasons turn into your bosoms, as dogs upon their masters, worrying you.see you,
* King Henry V - Act 2. Scene III
ths are wafer-cakes, and hold-fast is the only dog, my ducktherefore, caveto be thy counsell
* King Henry V - Act 2. Scene IV
uphin turn head, and stop pursuit; for coward dogs most spend their mouths when what they see
* King Henry V - Act 3. Scene II
luellenfluellen up to the breach, you dogs! avaunt, you cullions! driving them fo
* King Henry V - Act 3. Scene VI
a' bea damned death! let gallows gape for dog; let man go free and let not hemp his wind-
* King Henry V - Act 4. Scene V
ber-doorwhilst by a slave, no gentler than my dog, his fairest daughter is contaminated.

bartczak
09-04-2002, 08:14 AM
Thanks Eric son of Chuck, thats really helpful. What about any name i.e.cur meaning dog? :D

Eric, son of Chuck
09-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Lol, I have no idea. To check for yourself though, go to the Shakespeare section, select Henry V, and then type in whatever word you want. That little feature makes quote hunting for papers SO much easier, I did my 1984 essay in half the time the rest of the class took, and got 100% on it. -)