PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

purelife
07-30-2008, 07:52 PM
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances to choose one's own way. And there are always choices to make. Everyday, every hour, offered the opportunity to make a decision, a decision which determined whether you would or would not become the plaything of circumstances, renouncing freedom and dignity. He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how."

i am not sure who the author was who wrote this but what is youre interpretation of this quote?
what do you think? =]

blazeofglory
07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
This is a good expression and of course it speaks of freedom. Freedom is the greatest virtue and this has something very grave.

Charles Darnay
07-30-2008, 08:36 PM
While it is a nice quote, I must disagree. Freedom - even the freedom to choose one's attitude in a given situation - can - and often is - taken away from others. The real answer is knowledge: knowledge cannot be taken away from someone.

Logos
07-30-2008, 08:49 PM
.... i am not sure who the author was who wrote this ....
Viktor Frankl wrote this (http://books.google.ca/books?id=P8EfOdubXe4C&pg=PA194&lpg=PA194&dq=%22Everything+can+be+taken+from+a+man+but+one+t hing%22&source=web&ots=YB2bnAaZ14&sig=rk15rFwGXmetUyvms_b03AOeBeA&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result) (on life as a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp)

http://www.discovery.org/a/4324

:)

--

wilbur lim
08-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't know who is the author of this.The quote is insightful.

CathyEarnshaw
08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
It reminds me very much of "V for Vendetta."

Within Me
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
well that is a great quote.
But unfortunately the only thing that can be taken from one`s life is "one`s freedom" The Freedom that one can have is the inner freedom and it can never be external.
On the other. no one can take one`s Knowledge away.
If freedom is a value no one can take away, then the world would have been a better place.