PDA

View Full Version : help for my test

sarah evans
07-28-2008, 08:22 AM
in my exercise book they have given this question "what really kills caesar" what is the answer .please help me to answer this:yawnb: :yawnb: :)

sarah evans
07-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Antony says that he may be called "a coward or a traitor ".how? during (act 3 scene 1 after the murder of caesar)

sarah evans
07-28-2008, 08:24 AM
what kinds of tribute does Antony pay to caesar (during act 3 scene 1and 2)

byquist
08-03-2008, 08:25 PM
If Cassius had not stirred up things, Caesar would have remained alive for the time being, and a long time too if he was just, humble, sincere, and good to his people. Cassius talks everybody (except Anthony) but especially Brutus into BELIEVING that Caesar (given such total power) will misuse it. But Brutus admits to himself that he has never known Caesar in the past to have been egotistical or misuse power.

I suppose Caesar deserves some blame himself for not following through on his intuitions when he sees that Cassius has a "lean and hungry look" and is not to be trusted. If Caesar had called Cassius on the carpet and either 1) found out the degree of Cassius' hatred for Caesar, 2) perhaps given Cassius additional power in order to get his good-will, or 3) sent him to prison, Caesar would live a potentially long life. Also, he does not listen to his wife who says do not go to the Senate today--did she have a dream about that? So Caesar has a trusting nature and does not protect himself/compare King Duncan in Macbeth.

Beewulf
11-04-2009, 05:19 PM
in my exercise book they have given this question "what really kills caesar" what is the answer .please help me to answer this:yawnb: :yawnb: :)

Although this question was posted a long time ago, it's kind of interesting. Based on what Caesar says, the thing that killed him was the realization that Brutus was a member of the conspiracy--"Et tu Brute? Then fall Caesar." Until the moment that Brutus stabs Caesar, one could argue that Caesar is struggling against his murderers and trying to survive the attack. Caesar only gives up when Brutus reveals he's sided with the conspirators. It's too much for Caesar to withstand.