PDA

View Full Version : The Winter's Tale

Scheherazade
06-25-2008, 11:21 AM
This summer we will be reading Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale.

Please post your general thoughts on the play in this thread.

Online Text (http://www.online-literature.com/shakespeare/winter/)

Nightshade
06-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry got to ask what's the difference between general thoughts and specific thoughts?
would here be the place for talking about shakepeare and context and all that and the other threads just for what is happening in each act?

:confused:

Scheherazade
06-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Yes, issues like the title, characters, stage productions or whether this play is a romance or tragedy can be discussed here.

sofia82
06-25-2008, 11:52 AM
So what about the other thread about Act I, for each part there will be separate threads and general ideas should be discussed here?

Scheherazade
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Over all, the play was OK, I guess... Even though nothing "great" about it.

islandclimber
09-14-2008, 02:30 AM
this is definitely not a work of shakespeare's that i particularly enjoy... the storyline is kind of interesting but at the same time doesn't captivate like other plays of his... it just draws on and on, to a fantastical and happy conclusion... i do like how the play switches gears, between tragic and comic, and the pyschological nature of the first couple acts, almost intense nature, as opposed to the romantic, or comic nature of the last acts... anyways.. just found it fairly mediocre, in comparison with many of his other works..