PDA

View Full Version : I really need help!! Please Read and respond if you can help

tamaratink
06-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a book by Henry W. Longfellow. The Lansdowne poets, the poetical works of longfellow. Including recent poems, with explanatory notes... Portrait and original illutrations. It is signed. Also written: "All are architects of facts(i think). Working in these walls of time some with massive deeds and greed, some with ornaments of rhyme". this also sighed by henry w. longfellow dated sept 20, 1878. The book was published by F. Warne and Co. London, October, 1879. This volume contains new poems not published in any other issue. The cover is green, with gold lettering...LONGFELLOW in the centre.. the pages are bordered red. I can't find this book on any searches... also, it has a 2 stamped on the back. I have been looking for other editions, I can't find the same book anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this book??????????

tamaratink
06-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I appreciate your reply, however, I don't think this is the right book.

Karl Rommel
08-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Does it have any explanation, if not the poem its self, of Chimes?

groudiez
12-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Hello... in researching this book I came across this site and this entry which appears to be the same as the book I have.... Is there an answer somewhere that I have not yet found?

I have a book by Henry W. Longfellow. The Lansdowne poets, the poetical works of longfellow. Including recent poems, with explanatory notes... Portrait and original illutrations. It is signed. Also written: "All are architects of facts(i think). Working in these walls of time some with massive deeds and greed, some with ornaments of rhyme". this also sighed by henry w. longfellow dated sept 20, 1878. The book was published by F. Warne and Co. London, October, 1879. This volume contains new poems not published in any other issue. The cover is green, with gold lettering...LONGFELLOW in the centre.. the pages are bordered red. I can't find this book on any searches... also, it has a 2 stamped on the back. I have been looking for other editions, I can't find the same book anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this book??????????

Thanks so much! I also have two other similarly bound books:

The Poetical Works of William Cowper, Complete editions with memoir, explanatory notes, etc., Philadelhia: J.B.Lippincott & Co., 1883

The Poetical Works of Thomas Moore, with explanatory notes. Complete in one volume. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott & Co. Publishers. There is NO DATE in this book. There is a gift inscription dated xmas 1883

Thank you so much for any info on these!!