PDA

View Full Version : Please help with essay

ilovebooks420
05-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi, im a sophomore in high school and im struggling to pass this class for the year and in order for this i need to turn in this essay and has to be phenomenal. This essay is on who i believe is the pro and antagonist for the play Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare. I need evidence to from the book as well to back up my answer. I really have no idea on how to start this essay and if anyone has any ideas that could help me out i would be extremely thankful. Im sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum but I could really use the help thanks.

Dharmabeat
05-14-2008, 06:48 PM
To start with, what is the essay question?
You should be able to find loads of stuff on Google.

JBI
05-14-2008, 11:29 PM
If the question is to point out who the protagonist and antagonist are, simply give a grey answer saying that everyone is a rounded character, and possesses aspects of both.

dramasnot6
05-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Start out by defining what an antagonist and protagonist is.
Think about how different characters in the play might fit this criteria.
Think about what specific dialogue/other characterisation techniques led you to identify the protagonist/antagonist.

jgweed
05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
You might begin by formulating a general answer yourself and presenting it here for discussion. To what extent does the play reflect the actual historical events, and to what extent do the characters reflect what we think we know of the characters involved? Shakespeare is certainly one of the greatest moralists in human history; if there is a moral to the play, what is it and which characters show the conflict between "good" and "evil" (remembering always that Shakespeare's characters are extremely subtle).