PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Candide and Cacambo?

athelionravi
05-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Hello there.

Can someone help me find the difference between Candide and Cacambo? I know the difference between the 2 is quite flashy, but I have to do it in any essay type of around 400-600 words. I have no idea about how to start my work. I need a good introduction as well.

Please shed some light on this matter. Your help will help me a lot for my final exams.

LaPléiade
05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I do not know if I can be any help on that matter but here is some ideas :

Candide in French means naive . At the beginning of the book , he believes in Pangloss's sayings and does not have a proper opinion on things. He just thinks that "tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes". Then slowly he will go through lots of , lets call them adventures , and will understand that philosophy and especially metaphysic is not the right thing in life , that is not what is essential . "Il faut cultiver notre jardin"

Cacambo is an optimistic person. He is the very definition of life : he likes living , he is a good fellow , generous and kind and faithfull. He always has a good vision on things and events , he knows how to behave and what to do in every circumstances . He does not want to find a true meaning of life , but just wants to live it.

athelionravi
05-23-2008, 03:04 AM
I do not know if I can be any help on that matter but here is some ideas :

Candide in French means naive . At the beginning of the book , he believes in Pangloss's sayings and does not have a proper opinion on things. He just thinks that "tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes". Then slowly he will go through lots of , lets call them adventures , and will understand that philosophy and especially metaphysic is not the right thing in life , that is not what is essential . "Il faut cultiver notre jardin"

Cacambo is an optimistic person. He is the very definition of life : he likes living , he is a good fellow , generous and kind and faithfull. He always has a good vision on things and events , he knows how to behave and what to do in every circumstances . He does not want to find a true meaning of life , but just wants to live it.
Thx. That really helped me.