PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!

ramen
05-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much for helping ahead of time... and i really don't mean to abuse these forums, but I'm desperate for help with The clerks tale. I've been asked to give a physical description of the narrator, the Oxford clerk, and i've been asked to tell why his appearance is important. So far what i have is he is not over weight, and that he where's a cloak, unless I've misunderstood what i read from "the portrait, Prologue and tale of the clerk." I didn't think it would help to look through the actual tale for specifics, just because i have such a hard time understanding Chaucer's writing. Any help or maybe just a point in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

another, and last, question asked of me is to tell how the tale reflects the general public perception of English life (love, religion, money, ect.). i think the clerks tale focuses mostly on the love aspect of English life, but i don't really know "English life" so i would feel idiotic saying something that may end up being offensive to the English. Any help is great though, I'm kind of stuck here.

thanks again