PDA

View Full Version : How is Frost different from other modernist Poets?

tek
05-02-2008, 02:06 AM
How is Frost different?

The modernists poets I am thinking of are Yeats, Pound and T.S Elliot (just to name a few). Frost seems to distance himself by picking what topics he writes about and then how he writes about them. But I don't know if this is a correct assessment.

I would also like to know, given these assumed differences, what makes Frost great.

I am new this forum (first post!) and new to poetry so go easy on me.

Tek

blazeofglory
05-02-2008, 03:51 AM
He is mysterious and his course is unwalked

tek
05-02-2008, 04:05 AM
like an untraveled road perhaps?

blazeofglory
05-02-2008, 11:40 AM
He i s different in that when his temporaries tried to free themselves from the shackles of romanticism and redefined their literary styles or genres in newer terms Frost was still a romanticism but his was totally different and that is why I like his poems.

JBI
05-02-2008, 12:09 PM
He distanced himself from everyone, and took to a reclusive, rural life. His metrics and style is not as radical as that of Eliot or Pound, and his involvement in the movement rather minimal in comparison. He is, of course, probably a much better poet than either of them (though Yeats is still number 1) but his lifestyle, and poetic style are not the same as his contemporaries. He draws more from Romanticism, and more openly, than any of the others (in my opinion).

bellesmile
09-17-2008, 03:29 AM
He walked out a new way with old shoes.