PDA

View Full Version : Anna

Dark Muse
04-26-2008, 12:12 PM
I just finished reading this book and thought I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was really very good, I could not stand Anna.

I started out liking her but as the story progressed she just became completely irritating. She was like a little spoiled child who only thought and cared about her own personal happiness no matter at who's expense. If she was unhappy, she would throw a tantrum to make sure everyone else around her was also unhappy. I could not really bring myself to feel any sympathy for her sense she was completely responsible for the position she put herself in. I also always felt bad for her husband Karenine, she seemed to me to always unfairly judge him.

I was really disappointed at the beginning to the book when Dolly let Anna talk her into reconciling with her husband. When the story first started, I kept rooting for Dolly to just take the kids and walk out on Stiva. Then I kept wanting him to get busted again.

Though in spite of my feelings about Anna, I still did find the ending of the story to be rather sad.

johann cruyff
04-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Dark Muse,there was a topic about liking/disliking Anna around here somewhere,if it's still there,I think you'll see you're not the only one.I really hated Anna as a character as well.

Dark Muse
04-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Maybe I will look around and see if I can find that thread. Glad I am not the only one in this case.