PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready for my close up!!!?!

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Hello my fellow book lovers.

My name is Wayne and I'm new to this site. I love reading, and I have had a good stream of reads this year, including The Haunting of Hill House, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, and Lolita. I am in the middle of Middlesex at the moment and loving it, though the other books on my shelf are tempting me (these include Beloved, Frankenstien, a Sherlock Holmes collection, White Noise, ex. ex.)

Anyways, I am only 21 and hopefully I'll have several more years to read all those books I wonder about. There is alot of ground to cover.

Nice to meet you all in advance! I'm a laid back college student who loves life and people. :D

EDIT- Oh, and please ask questions, I know you must be dieing to know something about me!

sprinks
04-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Welcome to LitNet Wayne! :wave: Sounds like you'll fit in fabulously here!
Okay, I can think of 2 questions...

#1. What country are you from?

and

#2. Why'd you chose that picture for your avatar??

Nice to meet you! :D

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Welcome to LitNet Wayne! :wave: Sounds like you'll fit in fabulously here!
Okay, I can think of 2 questions...

#1. What country are you from?

and

#2. Why'd you chose that picture for your avatar??

Nice to meet you! :D

I'm from Ohio in the United States of America. I'm convinced it is the ugliest part of the world, no need to visit!

I like the avatar becuase it says something about the fake comfort we have in beauty as a society and the bad role beauty plays in many peoples lives. That is kind of a BS answer, really I just like it. I almost did the Joni Mitchell Blue album cover, but I'll save that for a rainy day. :lol:

sprinks
04-21-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm from Ohio in the United States of America. I'm convinced it is the ugliest part of the world, no need to visit!

I like the avatar becuase it says something about the fake comfort we have in beauty as a society and the bad role beauty plays in many peoples lives. That is kind of a BS answer, really I just like it. I almost did the Joni Mitchell Blue album cover, but I'll save that for a rainy day. :lol:

Interesting, interesting... Okay I'll ask you more questions, tell me to stop asking if you want though, but I like knowing people and its easier to ask new people questions because... it just is. :p But feel free to ask me anything if you wish.

Okay random questions:

If you could live anywhere else where would it be and why?
How did you discover LitNet?
What is your favourite weather?
Do you drink tea or coffee? (or neither...)

amanda_isabel
04-21-2008, 02:17 AM
love the pic wayne!

welcome to the forums!

and thank you, sprinks, for indulging our latest addition to the forum :)

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Interesting, interesting... Okay I'll ask you more questions, tell me to stop asking if you want though, but I like knowing people and its easier to ask new people questions because... it just is. :p But feel free to ask me anything if you wish.

Okay random questions:

If you could live anywhere else where would it be and why?
How did you discover LitNet?
What is your favourite weather?
Do you drink tea or coffee? (or neither...)

I would love to live out west in America, near the four corners area. Probably in the state of Arizona. There is alot of national parks out there and I'd love to start over with some new faces and spend alot of time camping and meeting old hippies.

I would also love to live in Paris and indulge myself in art for 20 years.
----

I was searching for some good non-fiction books to read tonight and discovered the forum part of this website. I have been on the main site a few times in the past couple of months. I decided to join becuase not many people I know love reading and my book talk needs need met.
----

I like sunshine, duh! I don't drink alot of coffee, though I love a good cappuccino. I love Iced Tea and Iced Green Tea.
----

Ok, some questions for you sprinks:

What is your favorite novel, film, and album?

love the pic wayne!

welcome to the forums!

and thank you, sprinks, for indulging our latest addition to the forum :)

Thankyou for the warm welcome!

sprinks
04-21-2008, 03:13 AM
I decided to join becuase not many people I know love reading and my book talk needs need met.

I had that same problem :lol:

Ok, some questions for you sprinks:

What is your favorite novel, film, and album?

Novel: That is a good question. To give you an honest answer, I'd have to read every novel in the world first. I'm up for the challenge though :p. But to answer for now, off the top of my head I would say The Betrayal Of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty, or m or f? by Chris Tebbetts and Lisa Papademetriou, because those are the 2 that I have read most often out the books that I own. Not out of all books that I've read though, just out of the ones that I own.

Film:My favourite film used to be The Italian Job. But now I would have no idea.

Album: Right now it would probably be As Cruel As School Children by Gym Class Heroes (they have a new album coming out soon!:D)

(I'm sorry, I talk a lot and this is YOUR thread!:blush:)

Okay, I'll ask you the same questions, favourite novel, film and album. Also what is your favourite animal, favourite colour... And um... Your favourite flower? :lol: I had heaps of questions before and now I can't think of them!
Okay, also what is your favourite non-fiction book? (feel free to say what your favourite flower is if you have one :p)

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 09:11 AM
I had that same problem :lol:

Novel: That is a good question. To give you an honest answer, I'd have to read every novel in the world first. I'm up for the challenge though :p. But to answer for now, off the top of my head I would say The Betrayal Of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty, or m or f? by Chris Tebbetts and Lisa Papademetriou, because those are the 2 that I have read most often out the books that I own. Not out of all books that I've read though, just out of the ones that I own.

Film:My favourite film used to be The Italian Job. But now I would have no idea.

Album: Right now it would probably be As Cruel As School Children by Gym Class Heroes (they have a new album coming out soon!:D)

(I'm sorry, I talk a lot and this is YOUR thread!:blush:)

Okay, I'll ask you the same questions, favourite novel, film and album. Also what is your favourite animal, favourite colour... And um... Your favourite flower? :lol: I had heaps of questions before and now I can't think of them!
Okay, also what is your favourite non-fiction book? (feel free to say what your favourite flower is if you have one :p)

I have never heard of those two books you mentioned as your favorites, and I've never seen The Italian Job. I have also only heard a few Gym Class Heroes songs in my life, never a full album of theirs.

In highschool, my favorite novel was The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I also loved 1984. I could really relate to both main characters in these books. I am an avid graphic novel readers and Blankets by Craig Thompson is definitely in the running for my favorite novel, as well as Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

I am a huge film buff! It used to be to an unhealthy level. Now I don't watch as many films, but I recently saw The Elephant Man and There Will Be Blood, and loved both of them. My favorite films ever though are - Brokeback Mountain, American Beauty, Cinema Paradiso, The Hours, Apocolypse Now, Winged Migration, Lost in Translation, and All About Eve. I might sound not cultured enough because that my favorite film is Brokeback Mountain, and it is only a couple years old, but I've done my homework and seen more films than everyone I know in real life. No story broke my heart like Ennis Del Mar's. I was haunted for months.

My two favorite albums are Joni Mitchell's Blue and Van Morrison's Astral Weeks. You should definitely check them out! They are amazing.

I'll have to answer your others questions later today, running late for class! :p

Virgil
04-21-2008, 09:15 AM

Why does everyone always think where they live is the worst? :lol: Ohio is not bad. What part do you live in?

Welcome to lit net, Wayne. I'm sure you'll like it. :)

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Also what is your favourite animal, favourite colour... And um... Your favourite flower? :lol: I had heaps of questions before and now I can't think of them! Okay, also what is your favourite non-fiction book? (feel free to say what your favourite flower is if you have one :p)

This is a boring answer, but I like cats and dogs. I don't have a favorite color, but I am fond of oranges and blues. I don't really like flowers or know the names of most of them. I don't read much non-fiction, but I do love alot of memoirs, including Running With Scissors and anything David Sedaris.

Why does everyone always think where they live is the worst? :lol: Ohio is not bad. What part do you live in?

Welcome to lit net, Wayne. I'm sure you'll like it. :)

I live in Columbus currently. Central Ohio is really ugy, expecially during winter.

sprinks
04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
I have never heard of those two books you mentioned as your favorites, and I've never seen The Italian Job. I have also only heard a few Gym Class Heroes songs in my life, never a full album of theirs.

In highschool, my favorite novel was The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I also loved 1984. I could really relate to both main characters in these books. I am an avid graphic novel readers and Blankets by Craig Thompson is definitely in the running for my favorite novel, as well as Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

I am a huge film buff! It used to be to an unhealthy level. Now I don't watch as many films, but I recently saw The Elephant Man and There Will Be Blood, and loved both of them. My favorite films ever though are - Brokeback Mountain, American Beauty, Cinema Paradiso, The Hours, Apocolypse Now, Winged Migration, Lost in Translation, and All About Eve. I might sound not cultured enough because that my favorite film is Brokeback Mountain, and it is only a couple years old, but I've done my homework and seen more films than everyone I know in real life. No story broke my heart like Ennis Del Mar's. I was haunted for months.

My two favorite albums are Joni Mitchell's Blue and Van Morrison's Astral Weeks. You should definitely check them out! They are amazing.

I'll have to answer your others questions later today, running late for class! :p

Its not surprising you haven't heard of those novels, they're just random ones aimed at female teenagers :lol: But if I had to pick one that is well known, I'd say Animal Farm.

Well if you've only heard a few Gym Class Heroes songs thats still a few more than most of my friends :p

I shall certainly look into the music you suggested :)

This is a boring answer, but I like cats and dogs. I don't have a favorite color, but I am fond of oranges and blues. I don't really like flowers or know the names of most of them. I don't read much non-fiction, but I do love alot of memoirs, including Running With Scissors and anything David Sedaris.

It's honestly not surprising that you don't have a favourite flower or know much about them :p... I'm yet to find a male that does :lol:

tractatus
04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
You are wellcome Wayne, you are perfect sprinks!

Virgil
04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I live in Columbus currently. Central Ohio is really ugy, expecially during winter.

Farm country. I would think it's prettier than the industrial north.

Amundsen
04-21-2008, 05:58 PM
hi welcome

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Its not surprising you haven't heard of those novels, they're just random ones aimed at female teenagers :lol: But if I had to pick one that is well known, I'd say Animal Farm.

Well if you've only heard a few Gym Class Heroes songs thats still a few more than most of my friends :p

I shall certainly look into the music you suggested :)

It's honestly not surprising that you don't have a favourite flower or know much about them :p... I'm yet to find a male that does :lol:

So..are you a female teenager, or do I have that all wrong?

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Farm country. I would think it's prettier than the industrial north.

Like Detroit? I've never been.

RJbibliophil
04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
:wave: welcome aboard!

WayneHughes
04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
:wave: welcome aboard!

I haven't read my book in 3 days. Hopefully I can keep up with you book worms.

sprinks
04-22-2008, 12:41 AM
So..are you a female teenager, or do I have that all wrong?

No you are absolutely correct, I'm turning 16 this year :)

Virgil
04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Like Detroit? I've never been.

I was thinking of the industrial belt from Cleveland to Toledo.