PDA

View Full Version : plz help me with william shakepeare

hiiThuan
11-18-2004, 12:58 AM
most of you in here have watched the videos Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story, my teacher ask me to compare the 2movies, both movies deal with 3basic themes plz help me answer the following a.b&c..:
a.) the lessons love teaches us...
b.) the effect love has on hatred and hostility...
c.) the importance of moderation (acting with thought and caution)

Write a short essay answer to each of the follwing question:
1. Give an example from each movie of how love teaches us valuable lessons.
2. Give an example from each movie where love had an impact on hate.
3. In each movie, there are characters that make poor decisions, even tragic decisions, because they acted without thought or caution. Explain the tragic errors.

Textbook Activities.
1. Why does Mercutio make fun of Romeo after they leave the party? Explain the irony in this incident.
2. How does Romeo find out that Juliet shares his feelings? What does Juliet seem most concerned about in the balcony scene?
3. WHo has sent a challenge to Romeo and why? What is Mercutio's opinion of Romeo's challenger?
4. HOw do Romeo and Juliet carry out their plan to marry? Why do they want to act so quickly?
5. What do you think of Friar Lawrence's reaction to Romeo's declaration of love for Juliet? Do you think he acts responsibly by agreeing to marry them? Why or why not?
6. Who seem more mature to you, Romeo or Juliet?Why?
7. What is your poinion of the way Mercutio treats the Nurse? Have you ever witnessed a teenager making fun of an older person? Do you think the reason for the teasing was the same as Mercutio's?Explain
8. Compare Friar Lawrence and the Nurse. HOw are their roles in teh play similar?

i kno i'm asking for too much, but i really want to pass this class, but too lazy to do all this by myself..pllllzzzz plzz help me out as much as possible.. thanks a lotz..

Basil
11-18-2004, 01:22 AM
MARCELLUS
Peace, break thee off; look, where it comes again!

BERNARDO
In the same figure, like the king that's dead.

MARCELLUS
Thou art a scholar; speak to it, Horatio.

BERNARDO
Looks it not like the king? mark it, Horatio.

HORATIO
Most like: it harrows me with fear and wonder.

BERNARDO
It would be spoke to.

MARCELLUS
Question it, Horatio.

HORATIO
What art thou that usurp'st this time of night,
Together with that fair and warlike form
In which the majesty of buried Denmark
Did sometimes march? by heaven I charge thee, speak!

MARCELLUS
It is offended.

BERNARDO
See, it stalks away!

HORATIO
Stay! speak, speak! I charge thee, speak!

Exit Ghost

Scheherazade
11-18-2004, 08:34 AM
i kno i'm asking for too much, but i really want to pass this class, but too lazy to do all this by myself..pllllzzzz plzz help me out as much as possible.. thanks a lotz..

:eek2:
Please tell me you are kidding...

hiiThuan
11-18-2004, 05:06 PM
nopeee i'm not kidding..all i need is the textbook activities...plzzz help me answer those question.. thnks

amuse
11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
i'd help...but i'm too lazy, too.

("to lazy to" works as well, doesn't it. hmm.)

Scheherazade
11-18-2004, 08:58 PM
nopeee i'm not kidding..all i need is the textbook activities...plzzz help me answer those question.. thnks

Well, we will pretend you are kidding! :banana:

subterranean
11-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Sche and Ash, shame on you both...you broke the poor lad's heart by saying those things...

Kid, lazzyness is a true kileer...now gimme your principal's phone numbers..I'd like to call him..

Basil
11-18-2004, 11:53 PM
MARCELLUS
It is offended.

BERNARDO
See, it stalks away!

HORATIO

Exit Ghost

Shea
11-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Jay, it's a really nasty term here. It's derogatory to African-Americans (to be PC). No wonder he's lazy. That guy needs to be banned.

Jay
11-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks Shea, so it means what I thought... but... HUH? lol
*gives up trying to understand*

Jay
11-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah I got what that means just... well, nm.

amuse
11-19-2004, 01:42 PM
you know, abdo is the only one who i can recall swearing for no reason like that.
or starting meaningless threads like this one.
racism would be a new twist.

subterranean
11-20-2004, 07:21 AM
This guy is such a loser..

has some one report him/her for his/her shameless racist statment? i dont see "banned" word there in his/her status

crisaor
11-20-2004, 03:04 PM
This is what you get by replying to stupid threads. It isn't worth dignifying it with a reply. Imagine what would happen if this kind of things were encouraged by assigning a particular section for it.

subterranean
11-21-2004, 07:38 PM
No Cris, i have a feeling that he was intentionally created this thread not for the sake of asking for help..

Ash, you have a point there. I think this hiiThuan is actually Abdo in disguise!

Imagine what would happen if this kind of things were encouraged by assigning a particular section for it.

nothing would happen. They're all be in the home work sub-section and i will have the freedom not to check it out and i wont bother to reply if i dont want to.

ajoe
11-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Oh, come on guys, we should help a brother out, especially when he's an idiotic loser who obviously has no idea what's going on. ;)

most of you in here have watched the videos Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story, my teacher ask me to compare the 2movies, both movies deal with 3basic themes plz help me answer the following a.b&c..:
a.) the lessons love teaches us...
- love = death
b.) the effect love has on hatred and hostility...
- none
c.) the importance of moderation (acting with thought and caution)
- not getting caught by the police, especially on a Halloween weekend

Textbook Activities.
1. Why does Mercutio make fun of Romeo after they leave the party? Explain the irony in this incident.
- because he got crap all over his pants. it's ironic cause mercutio was on the verge of wetting himself.
2. How does Romeo find out that Juliet shares his feelings? What does Juliet seem most concerned about in the balcony scene?
- she sent him a hallmark card. juliet was concerned in case romeo fell from the balcony.
3. WHo has sent a challenge to Romeo and why? What is Mercutio's opinion of Romeo's challenger?
- caesar did. caesar heard romeo was going to be richer than him. mercutio thinks caesar is a bit green.
4. HOw do Romeo and Juliet carry out their plan to marry? Why do they want to act so quickly?
- they go to las vegas and have a funky wedding.
5. What do you think of Friar Lawrence's reaction to Romeo's declaration of love for Juliet? Do you think he acts responsibly by agreeing to marry them? Why or why not?
- friar lawrence thinks romeo is too corny and he needs to be a little more original. sure, he's responsible enough for a friar.
6. Who seem more mature to you, Romeo or Juliet?Why?
- romeo seems more mature. he's taller.
7. What is your poinion of the way Mercutio treats the Nurse? Have you ever witnessed a teenager making fun of an older person? Do you think the reason for the teasing was the same as Mercutio's?Explain
- mercution needs to be admired cause it took courage to make fun of people in the old days.
8. Compare Friar Lawrence and the Nurse. HOw are their roles in teh play similar?
- they're similar cause they both encourage romeo and juliet to drink their first wine.

Your welcome, and hope this helps! :)
Sorry I didn't answer the essay questions, though. I myself suck at writing essay.

ajoe
11-21-2004, 08:32 PM
who's abdo again? i recall faintly someone named abdoringo, but don't really remember why he's an aswhole.

baddad
11-22-2004, 02:12 AM
MARCELLUS
It is offended.

BERNARDO
See, it stalks away!

HORATIO

Exit Ghost

Bravo, bravo!! A bullseye for Basil!
Yes, forgiveness is good, but maturity and respect is demanded even in a cyber world. I say ban this threads initiator for their coarse remarks. Uncouth, lazy, racists distinguished only by ignorance need not apply here...

subterranean
11-23-2004, 08:33 AM
who's abdo again? i recall faintly someone named abdoringo, but don't really remember why he's an aswhole.

abdorindo aka knife aka serpico aka...lots of other nick names.

he's not really an *******..and personally i think he's an interesting lad

Logos
11-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Ok guys! enough ;) Topic closed.

I missed this for a few days. Several posts have been deleted due to swearing/flaming and racial slurs that were started by the OP.

Whether this member was purposely asking for help or trying to `cause trouble', this is a good example of, if you don't have something constructive to add, you should skip over the post, as it can lead to this kind of behaviour.