PDA

View Full Version : need help with some questions......

illmatic08
04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
if you can help send me a message...it will be greatly appreciated....

Mrs. Dalloway
04-12-2008, 02:23 PM
why don't you write your questions, then?

sciencefan
04-13-2008, 09:15 AM
I sent a PM 2 days ago, and still have not had a response.

illmatic08
04-13-2008, 04:16 PM
32. In chapter 6 Elizabeth and Charlotte discuss the consequences of Janes not showing her feelings. How does this forshadow actions later in the novel?

33. After Lydia Interrupts Collins reading of Fordyce's sermons, Collins says he "Should never resent her behavior as any affront" (Ch 14)
A. Compare this to what he writes after Lydia Elopes

B. According to the letter Collins writes after Lydia is married, how does he belive her father should treat her? (ch 57)

A. choose one of the following characters and briefly describe their personality. Elizabeth.

B. give one example of how this character's speech reflects his/her personality. elizabeth.

38. Give to functions of the secondary character Colonel Fitzwilliam

Georgiana Darcy is a minor character who's function is to foil (A) Elizabeth (B) Charlotte (C)Lydia

Lady Catherine embarrases Darcy by (A) praising him (B) saying Elizabeth can practice on the pianoforte in the servant's room (C) insulting elizabeth's family

illmatic08
04-13-2008, 04:17 PM
thanks for ur help..

sciencefan
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
32. In chapter 6 Elizabeth and Charlotte discuss the consequences of Janes not showing her feelings. How does this forshadow actions later in the novel?
-Later, Bingley is able to be convinced by his sister that Jane didn't love him- at least that's what Elizabeth suspects after Jane lets her read the letter from Caroline.

33. After Lydia Interrupts Collins reading of Fordyce's sermons, Collins says he "Should never resent her behavior as any affront" (Ch 14)
A. Compare this to what he writes after Lydia Elopes
-Not sure what one has to do with the other. The first could be taken as a personal insult, but the second cannot. ANYway... In the first instance he seems willing to forgive. In the second instance, he seems to think her action is unforgiveable. (I have always seen this as a reflection of general social opinion, though, not just HIS opinion.)

B. According to the letter Collins writes after Lydia is married, how does he belive her father should treat her? (ch 57) As if she were dead.

A. choose one of the following characters and briefly describe their personality. Elizabeth.

B. give one example of how this character's speech reflects his/her personality. elizabeth.

38. Give two functions of the secondary character Colonel Fitzwilliam

Georgiana Darcy is a minor character who's function is to foil (A) Elizabeth (B) Charlotte (C)Lydia

Lady Catherine embarrases Darcy by (A) praising him (B) saying Elizabeth can practice on the pianoforte in the servant's room (C) insulting elizabeth's family

That's all I know off the top of my head.
If you do a google search for P&P (full title) and the word "foil" you will answer a few more of your questions that way.

illmatic08
04-13-2008, 06:04 PM
i'm sorry.. they are two different questions....
35. A. choose one of the following characters and briefly describe their personality. Elizabeth.

hope3453
04-13-2008, 06:06 PM
how do you get all this people to reply to your question?

because i need help with Romeo and Juliet and i culdnt get nobody to reply to my question.

illmatic08
04-13-2008, 06:43 PM
i don't know.. try posting it in a romeo and juliet forum.

i have a few more.
26. Elizabeth thinks that Darcy meets her on her walks around Hunsford (A) By Accident (B) because he likes her (C) because it is his favorite place to walk.

27. As Darcy is making his first proposal, Elizabeth sees that he expects her to (A) refuse (B) to accept (C) to cry.

28. Lydia seldom listened to anyone (A) for as long as they were talking (B) at all (C) for half a minute.

29. When Elizabeth asks her father to refuse to let Lydia go to Brighton, his irresponsible reply is that (A) Lydia can expose herself there without inconvenience to the family (B) Lydia will be well behaved (C) he will lock Lydia up.

30. Before her engagement to Darcy is announced, Elizabeth fears that her family will (A) refuse to let her marry (B) be unhappy because they dislike Darcy (C) forget Jane and Bingley

thanks a lot it will help me graduate....

35. A. choose one of the following characters and briefly describe their personality. Elizabeth.

sciencefan
04-13-2008, 06:47 PM
i'm sorry.. they are two different questions....

B. give one example of how this character's speech reflects his/her personality. elizabeth.You probably need to use google to help you get the answers for those questions. If you have read the book, you should already have a general idea. Some web site that offer a character analysis will be helpful to you.

illmatic08
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
thanks. i found that one. can you help with the last few i posted?

sciencefan
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
how do you get all this people to reply to your question?

because i need help with Romeo and Juliet and i culdnt get nobody to reply to my question.Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one here.

I haven't read Romeo & Juliet, so I can't help you. Sorry.

sciencefan
04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
These questions look familiar.
Go check this thread:
http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?p=473332#post473332

illmatic08
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
i already helped with the romeo and juliet question.

maraki16
04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
30. As far as i remember what is written in the text and what is showed in the films, Elizabeth gives the impression of being anxious about her family's not approving her will to marry him. Don't forget that her mother dislikes him although she is really interested in his fortune, as she feels offended by him and his sisters, so she might be afraid that her mother may not react normally( don't forget her poor nerves and their breakdowns!). As for her father, he does not seem to be very fond of the young man either, he believes that Wickam is more pleasant. Just because i read the book about 4 (if not more) years ago, let me be a bit more cautious and not completely reject the second option( be unhappy because they dislike him). By the way, if you want help and these questions are part of an assignment of yours for the university, i would advice you not to trust the replies a hundred per cent, because we all might make mistakes. I really hope that you graduate with a relly good mark. And a book with critiques and analysis on pride and prejudice would be really helpful, believe me. I know that for i study english literature and that kind of books might have precious information!

illmatic08
04-15-2008, 11:20 AM
thanks....i found some of them. these are the last two i have and they're in the thread you gave me but they have no answers....

26. Elizabeth thinks that Darcy meets her on her walks around Hunsford (A) By Accident (B) because he likes her (C) because it is his favorite place to walk

30. Before her engagement to Darcy is announced, Elizabeth fears that her family will (A) refuse to let her marry (B) be unhappy because they dislike Darcy (C) forget Jane and Bingley

illmatic08
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
thanks a lot maraki..

maraki16
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
is this a multiple choice test or you need to justify your answer, give a further explanation etc? i am asking for the ones that include the (a), (b), (c) options

illmatic08
04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
no its just multiple choice.

maraki16
04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
if you i did not make it clear, the answer in question 30 should be a), but since i am not sure, keep in mind that it might also be b). However, if you do not get another reply for this question, i could find the book and check the chapter, and i'll try to send you a reply either today or tomorrow. But i really need to know whether it is a simple multiple choice or it needs a justification

illmatic08
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
it is a simple multiple choice.. thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated..

maraki16
04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
the answer to question 26 is a) by accident. if you have the book, check the first three sentences of chapter 33. it says '...unexpectedly meet Mr.Darcy.she felt all the perverseness of the mischance that should bring him where no one else was brought.'. I also checked chapter 59 and it comes out for my answer to be wrong(sorry for all the mistakes i might make i am not a native speaker!). Well, the correct answer to question 30 is b). It is written that 'she did not fear her father's opposition, but he was going to be made unhappy; and that it should be through her means' I am really sorry that the first answer was wrong, i hope you see this one and correct it.

illmatic08
04-15-2008, 02:53 PM
thank you so much for helping me i am truly grateful........i'll let you know what i get on the assignment...thanks again!

sciencefan
04-15-2008, 03:56 PM
thanks....i found some of them. these are the last two i have and they're in the thread you gave me but they have no answers....
They are there if you read the first post in the thread.