PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember the name of this short story by Jack London?

emilmul
04-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I seem to recall a story (comedy) written by Jack London about the introduction of alcohol into an indian society.

Does anybody remember the name of this story and/or which book it belongs to?

Thanks!

Yours sincerely,

Emil

novelsryou
04-08-2008, 05:39 PM
This (www.jacklondons.net/writings/ShortStories/index.html) is supposed to be a complete list of his short stories, have a look.

mtpspur
04-08-2008, 11:15 PM
In 1958 the first issue of Jack London's Adventure Magazine dated Ocotber came out with a cover story titled The Fearless One that is not on the above list. Retitled--??? The disgest lasted two issues.

Sorry can't help with the original question.

Captain Pike
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
I can't help you with your question. But I want to rave on about this wonderful newbie we have here:
NOVELS ARE US
or something like that. You are a great kid who brought me back again to one my favorite guys, Jack London, at the behest of my quest to find out stuff about running the rails.
I've just finished reading The Road and Other Stories, and finish it with delight and some chagrin -- I wish it would go on some more. But there are tons of other stories, and a cool web site pointed to by this up-and-coming newcomer we have the honor of being able call a member.
I wish I could've gotten into them sooner like you have Rich. But this newcomer should be afforded all rights and privileges, put them on my bill.
Captain Pike.

pippin792
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
i do not believe that this was a short story, but a part of the larger work, White Fang...
Beauty Smith tricks Gray Beaver into becoming addicted to alcohol in order to buy White Fang