PDA

View Full Version : Analysis on Jane Eyre/Pride & Prejudice

SeoRin
04-08-2008, 09:06 AM
First of all, I'm sorry for posting this in both the Jane Eyre and the Pride and Prejudice forum.

My name is Sharon and I am 18 years old. I'm from The Netherlands.
For school I have to do a very important assignment. I have to get a good result for this, because if I don't I won't be permitted to take my final exams. I chose to do it for English and due to some personal matters, I am now lacking time and so it has to be a presentation. I have to fill 20 minutes, entirely in English. This might sound easy, and even though I do well in English at school, it's still not my native language.
I chose to do an analysis on Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice as the subject. Before I can put the presentation together, of course I need to do the actual analysis part...

If any of you could be so kind as to provide me with any suggestions on how to deal with this? Some good ideas on what to focus on? Main issue, subquestions... Because of the pressure, I am kind of freaking out and afraid that as soon as I start on this, I will get stuck and such. I'm not asking you to do all the thinking for me, but please, if you could help?

Thank you very much in advance. Please reply to this thread or contact me by sending me a pm or adding me to msn/skype/yahoo.

sciencefan
04-09-2008, 06:03 AM
First of all, I'm sorry for posting this in both the Jane Eyre and the Pride and Prejudice forum.

My name is Sharon and I am 18 years old. I'm from The Netherlands.
For school I have to do a very important assignment. I have to get a good result for this, because if I don't I won't be permitted to take my final exams. I chose to do it for English and due to some personal matters, I am now lacking time and so it has to be a presentation. I have to fill 20 minutes, entirely in English. This might sound easy, and even though I do well in English at school, it's still not my native language.
I chose to do an analysis on Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice as the subject. Before I can put the presentation together, of course I need to do the actual analysis part...

If any of you could be so kind as to provide me with any suggestions on how to deal with this? Some good ideas on what to focus on? Main issue, subquestions... Because of the pressure, I am kind of freaking out and afraid that as soon as I start on this, I will get stuck and such. I'm not asking you to do all the thinking for me, but please, if you could help?

Thank you very much in advance. Please reply to this thread or contact me by sending me a pm or adding me to msn/skype/yahoo.I suggest you search the Jane Eyre forum while you wait for a response. I believe I have read comparisons there.

One of the things I do is "assume it's already online" and then Google search the internet for the information I want.

By the way, your English is excellent.

SeoRin
04-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Thank you very much ^^ I'll see what I can find in the mean time.

And thank you, I'm glad you think so!

justinw
04-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Hello friends there,I am a student from China,and I am going to write a thesis about Pride and Prejudice and My title is "The Matches and Mismatches of Relationships in p&p",what I am gonna do first is to write a framework,So could u help me with this framework?And I would be thankful for what U have done for me,and if u have some sparkling ideas,pls email to me my email address is [email protected],I am looking forward to YOUR REPLY,HAVE A NICE DAY,ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!!!

sciencefan
04-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Hello friends there,I am a student from China,and I am going to write a thesis about Pride and Prejudice and My title is "The Matches and Mismatches of Relationships in p&p",what I am gonna do first is to write a framework,So could u help me with this framework?And I would be thankful for what U have done for me,and if u have some sparkling ideas,pls email to me my email address is [email protected],I am looking forward to YOUR REPLY,HAVE A NICE DAY,ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!!!This is the way I see it.
Some may see it differently.
There are some who are well-matched, but because they themselves are people of poor character, their marriages are not exemplary.

Matches -
Jane and Bingley - Mr. Bennet says so
Elizabeth and Darcy The peace and happiness in their lives is enough proof.
Charlotte and Collins (regardless of what people say, they were well suited for each other, and even had an "olive-branch" on the way, near the end of the book, in chapter 57.)
[B]Lydia and Wickham (they deserved each other) They are equal in their foolishness.
Mr & Mrs Gardiner - they traveled together, they worked out a respectable arrangement with Darcy.
Sir William & Lady Lucas - they seem both to be very sociable & at least one of them, but maybe both, is a busybody.

Mis-matches -
Mr & Mrs Bennet - this is explicit Elizabeth says so "as we have daily proof" or something like that, and in other places.
Colonel Forster & his wife (I can't find her name right now.) This is implicit. Mr. Bennet calls Col. Forster a sensible man, and indeed to be the Col. of a regiment, he must be to a certain degree. Yet, like Mr. Bennet, he has chosen a young, silly woman - who made fast friends with Lydia in 3 months time, and while she's a newlywed, invites Lydia to live with them, etc.

justinw
04-13-2008, 09:49 PM
1. Purpose of the Study

2. Status Quo of the Study at Home and Abroad

3. Motivation and Significance of the Study

4. Major Viewpoints, Main Contents, Emphases and Difficulties of the Study

5. Framework of the Thesis

6. Theoretical and Practical Rationale

7. Research Methodology
The framework is as follows:
Introduction
Chapter One …
1.1 …
1.2 …
Chapter Two …
2.1 …
2.2 …
Chapter Three …
3.1 …
3.2 …
Chapter Four …
4.1 …
4.2 …
Chapter Five …
5.1 …
5.2 …
Conclusion
Bibliography
So what i need to do now is to finish the framework,could u offer me some advice on it,and thanks for your reply,my friends here!

justinw
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I am from China,and Could u friends here tell me how to post new threads here,I wanna,but I don't know how,I have gone through all the buttons on this page,but never find it,I am expecting for your help,tks!!!

sciencefan
04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I am from China,and Could u friends here tell me how to post new threads here,I wanna,but I don't know how,I have gone through all the buttons on this page,but never find it,I am expecting for your help,tks!!!If you want to start a new thread in this Pride & Prejudice forum, you go to the main page here:
http://www.online-literature.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1240

then click on the blue New Thread button