PDA

View Full Version : i wish it didn't have to end..

paultherad
04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
hello all! i'm new here.. (and i also happen to be a heterosexual dude; apparently reading pride and prejudice is "gay") anyway, like every great book, i wish this story never had to end. this may seem irrelevant to every topic on this board, but i just had to get that off my chest. eliza's character is so deeply engraved into my head.. i can't even focus on the finals game between memphis and kansas. (this happened to me while i was reading a clockwork orange and tess of the d'urbervilles as well) i just finished watching the movie, and that made me fall even more in love with her. ha keira knightley does play a large part in that, though. i've got prom and ap tests coming up, and i can't seem to concentrate on anything other than elizabeth bennet..

sorry if this entire passage was in a jumble, as it completely conveys the way i am currently feeling

haha thanks for hearing me out

elsie-may
04-08-2008, 05:48 AM
well ill just cant help thinking of mr darcy and i love matthew macfayden too!! but i feel the same about him :)

sciencefan
04-08-2008, 07:24 AM
hello all! i'm new here.. (and i also happen to be a heterosexual dude; apparently reading pride and prejudice is "gay") anyway, like every great book, i wish this story never had to end. this may seem irrelevant to every topic on this board, but i just had to get that off my chest. eliza's character is so deeply engraved into my head.. i can't even focus on the finals game between memphis and kansas. (this happened to me while i was reading a clockwork orange and tess of the d'urbervilles as well) i just finished watching the movie, and that made me fall even more in love with her. ha keira knightley does play a large part in that, though. i've got prom and ap tests coming up, and i can't seem to concentrate on anything other than elizabeth bennet..

sorry if this entire passage was in a jumble, as it completely conveys the way i am currently feeling

haha thanks for hearing me outIt's very sweet that you liked her that much.
Lucky for you there are plenty of real life girls around like her.

maraki16
04-15-2008, 10:32 AM
eliza bennet is indeed an aodrable character, especially when she belongs to a plot like this one. i also fall in love with mr.darcy when i first read it, and i am still trying to find him...somewhere in this real, dull world. i would recommend to all of you, who as i have understood have watched the movie in which keira plays, to watch the original adaptation of the book. It's a BBC production of 1995, with Collin Firth (i fell in love with him then and eversince have watched many of his movies) and Jennifer Ehle( her surname is spelled something like this i think). I have watched it more than 10 times and i believe that its adaptation is much better, as well as the performance of all the actors. So, why don't you try to watch it? Perhaps you may even fall in love with eliza or fitzwilliam even more!

Tournesol
04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
It's very sweet that you liked her that much.
Lucky for you there are plenty of real life girls around like her.

Hi Paultherad!!

It's a completely normal feeling to feel a sense of loss after reading 'Pride and Prejudice'.

It was the same for me, as it was for every single person who ever read it, I'm certain.

Lucky for you, you're a guy, and as sciencefan said there are many girls out there who are just like Lizzy.

Unfortunately for us gals, there aren't many [if any!] Mr. Darcys *sigh* I'd settle for Matthew Macfedyen though. lol

Even though the BBC version sticks to the real plot, I feel that the 2005 production captured the spirit of what Austen wanted to convey, pertaining to the characters. Also, in the 2005 production, the clothing, houses, gatherings etc were all how I pictured it when I read the novel. So I rather the Joe Wright version of it...

pato389
12-17-2009, 09:33 AM
I had the same feeling as you paultherad!
I really wanted to go on reading and know more about their life together!
I also felt that Jane Austen should have written the exact words that Darcy and Elizabeth said instead of "retelling" the second proposal. I was looking forward to it and when i reached that part i was a bit disappointed, but just a little bit, because she's great. I really loved the story.
Didn't you have the same feeling of wanting to read Darcy and Elizabeth's words about how much they loved each other?
You know, you're the first man i know that likes P&P, that's so sweet of you. I'm sure you'll find your Elizabeth out there.