PDA

View Full Version : About Paradise Lost

bravenewlife
03-31-2008, 01:04 AM
I am reading Paradise Lost now, I need an English edition with full notes, introduction and bibliography, but the version in my hands does not. I can not buy the suitable version, would you like to introduce me the suitable one on line (Is there one with full notes available on line?) or some other references about this classic work? Thanks a lot! I am really interested in English literature, especially books in 17th centery. Expecting for your suggestions!:yawnb:

ashnagesh
05-17-2008, 09:52 AM
not sure about online but the norton edition is pretty good, with an introduction and good criticism at the back from c.s lewis, blake and others. or perhaps you could buy a sourcebook to accompany the edition you already have?

blazeofglory
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I have read a long time ago. I appreciate the book for its literary grandeur but I do not suggest reading it if you have no patience and taste for it.

All classics are written for admiration or appraisals.

In point of fact they were written dedicated to the few scholastic people who have a literary background. Ordinary laypersons find the book tiresome.

In those days pieces of literature were written for self satisfactions and they were not meant to satisfy the reader.

Today books are written with reader-sensitive attitudes.