PDA

View Full Version : Satan: Angel or Devil?

ntropyincarnate
03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Satan really confuses me. Any opinions on whether he is supposed to be an angel or a devil?

bananablood
06-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Satan is an angel. The entire dispute of the book is to identify if god/reality is real (if it's really reality). In order to highlight it, they make the things that we're supposed to identify with as holy to be evil and having them commit seemingly immoral acts that are technically, by bible's definition, normal

Mark_Twain_Hate
02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
satan is bad. so is my english teacher for making me post this assignment..... hmmmm maybe my teacher is satan. This site will probably be spammed by my class. haha that would be funny. We're a Satanic cult spamming mark twain websites!! WOOOT! GO US! jk guys. lol

pirateD
02-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Satan is a former angel, Lucifer, who thought he was better than God and was beyond idiotic for leaving heaven. Satan then became the devil. Satan will be very sorry when he is in the lake of fire for all eternity.:flare:

StarGazer9240
02-01-2010, 12:10 PM
You know, I really don't think the class agrees with your views. I believe we should feel priveleged to have the opportunity to learn about Mark Twain in such an engaging manner.

chaos knight121
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
i have no idea why would someone ask this on a mark twain post?!?!
:flare:= mad
:alien:= alien
:crash:= lol

chaos knight121
02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
satan is bad. so is my english teacher for making me post this assignment..... hmmmm maybe my teacher is satan. This site will probably be spammed by my class. haha that would be funny. We're a Satanic cult spamming mark twain websites!! WOOOT! GO US! jk guys. lol

I know right i hate this paper i dont get it:crash::crash::crash:

sgray120
02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
i thought that this was a mark twain post so why are you talking about the devil?:crash::crash::crash::crash::crash::crash::c rash::crash::crash::idea::flare::flare::flare::fla re::flare::flare::flare::flare::bawling::bawling:: alien::alien::alien::crash::flare::crash::santasmi l:banana::banana::smash::angel::angel::wave:

Insane4Twain
12-03-2011, 07:40 PM
How often is this site updated? I came here looking for some reasonable discussion regarding this work, having just reread it, and all I found were a bunch of kids smoking behind the bleachers. Do us all a favor and put on your black hoodies and take your Twilight books and stay home.

Insane4Twain
12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Satan really confuses me. Any opinions on whether he is supposed to be an angel or a devil?
To answer your serious question, I also found myself baffled. If Satan/Philip Traum was truly a devil, why would he help anybody go to Heaven as he does in several instances? If an angel, how could he be so indifferent to mankind?

I dunno. There are many points worth studying in the book, but I shrugged at the ending of the book. I suspect Mark Twain also shrugged. This is certainly not his first time to portray man's inhumanity to man dressed up in religion. So this time he created a character which demonstrated the vanities of man.

cafolini
12-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Angel and Devil amount to synonyms or antonyms depending on how they are represented in literature.

Insane4Twain
12-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Well, that's rather obvious, don't you think?