PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im New I need Help With A Question

Maljackson
11-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi Im new

If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I just need some guidance on how to tackle this question.

Examine the effects produced by the handling of "point of view" in one or more texts.

Im reading Mary Shellys Frakenstein.

I just need some guidance on how i can start off my essay for this question.

Any help would be greatly helpful.

Many thanks.

Just some tips on how to answer this question would be helpful.

Shore Dude
11-02-2004, 03:47 PM
The entire novel is characterized by various texts. The story is introduced through the initial narrator (Walton) and is continued with the tales told by Frankenstein. Within Victor's stories, you hear the views and thoughts of the monster. This is all transcribed to the reader through letters and journal entries.

In one sense, it proves a sense of authenticity of a story that seems too horrific to be true. Through the various texts and letters, the reader is advanced through the plot of the novel. Furthermore, these letters and journals allow the characters to engage in a form of cathartic expression, where the reader gains insight into their attitudes, thoughts, emotions, etc.

The form of narration transcribes through the novel as follows: Walton -> Frankenstein -> Monster -> Walton

You could begin by showing how this change of narration (i.e. point of view) allows Shelly to advance the plot, offer a sense of authenticity (look up how Shelly first wrote Frankenstein), as well as support the characterization of the major players in the novel by giving the reader deep insight into their (respective) thoughts, attitudes and emotions.

subterranean
11-02-2004, 07:56 PM
u can look at this page for a discussion about frankenstein

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2167&highlight=frankenstein

hope it helps a little :) and welcome

Maljackson
11-04-2004, 09:27 AM
thank you very much indeed.

Your all stars.

Shore Dude
11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
thank you very much indeed.

You're all stars.
Wouldn't want you to do all this fantastic research, and then lose points for grammar.

Good luck.

Scheherazade
11-04-2004, 12:42 PM
*grins at Shore Dude

Another teacher? :p

Shore Dude
11-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah, English teacher to-be. I start my student teaching semester this January. I tried not to be too blunt...

Good looks.

Scheherazade
11-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Red ink is always a big give-away :D

Jay
11-06-2004, 01:52 PM
LMAO Sheherezade !!!!!!!!! :D:D:D