PDA

View Full Version : Hamlet

littleNic
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi
i would just like to start of by saying that I am new to the forum (wooot) i stumbled across it when i was researching Hamlet for my courswork.
right now to the point.....i recieved a piece of homework which was to collect as many peoples opinion on Hamlet and the acting (putting on a face) that the characters do. could you please comment on
. who is acting
. their motives for acting
. and how are they acting
thanks alot and I'm looking forwards to reading your own personal opinions
~nikki~

byquist
01-20-2008, 03:22 PM
"The play's the thing wherein I'll catch
The conscience of the King."

littleNic
01-20-2008, 04:06 PM
"The play's the thing wherein I'll catch
The conscience of the King."

thanks alot that is a really good quote but i had i had misunderstood what i had to do for my homework and rewrote my first post but thanks alot for replying to my original question i'm sure i'll use the quote you gave it is really good i hadn't thought of using it before thanks again.
Nikki

Nightshade
01-20-2008, 05:39 PM
hello Little N and welcome:wave:
okies, Hamlet the most obvious ith his pretending to be mad,
and actually its been a while since I reda the play the 2 bloke rotheall and gildersertn or whatever their names wereand pretnding to be his friends...
and the motives self presivation I guess.
Oh Claudious is another one pretending isnt he.

littleNic
01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
thanks alot Nightshade and their names are Rozencrantz and guildenstine (sp)
does anyone think orphiella was acting when she meet hamlet before he went
"mad" and attacked her because i watched a film version i think it was Kenneth Brannons but I'm not sure, he made out that Polonius made orphellia spy on Hamlet to see if she was the root cause of his so called madness?

The E in M.E.
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
does anyone think orphiella was acting when she meet hamlet before he went
"mad" and attacked her because i watched a film version i think it was Kenneth Brannons but I'm not sure, he made out that Polonius made orphellia spy on Hamlet to see if she was the root cause of his so called madness?

Yes, I think Ophelia kind of was acting, although strictly under her father's orders. First acting as if she didn't care about Hamlet, and then acting "naturally" when Polonius sends her out to meet Hamlet.
"Ophelia, walk you here...Read on this book, that show of such an exercise may color your loneliness."

And then as Nightshade said, Hamlet, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern...
Probably the only character who never acts is Laertes, who is always himself.

littleNic
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=And then as Nightshade said, Hamlet, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern...
Probably the only character who never acts is Laertes, who is always himself.[/QUOTE]

But doesn't Laertes act when he is asks Hamlet to duel with him, as Laertes poisons his sword in order to kill Hamlet with out anyone else realising that Laertes was infact to blame?

which brings me to my next question at the duel as the king posions the drink he intends to give Hamlet, but the queen drinks it instead, does anybody believe that Queen Gurtrude knew the drink was poisiond and sacrificed herself to save her son?

littleNic
01-26-2008, 03:16 PM
oh btw does anyone know how to print this thread?