PDA

View Full Version : Jane Eyre & Romanticism

doors_love_90
12-30-2007, 01:05 AM
I am currently in a high school AP Literature class and we have to pick our elements of Romanticism in Jane Eyre to write an essay on later. I'm struggling in this class and It would be awesome if I could get some of your ideas to help me! Thanks!

dramasnot6
12-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Tell us what you think of the book and what you know of Romanticism, then we can help you out with sorting your ideas. :)

sciencefan
12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I agree. Could you please briefly define Romanticism for us?

doors_love_90
01-02-2008, 08:30 PM
well actually she made us watch the movie, not read th book. I think Romanticism is writing that is simple and unadorned. The Romantic writers were intrigued by the ways that nature and the human mind act upon each other. It was always in 1st person. It was a spontaneous overflow of powerful feeling, and they tried to make the old seem new. These are my notes I took in class.

sciencefan
01-02-2008, 08:36 PM
well actually she made us watch the movie, not read th book. I think Romanticism is writing that is simple and unadorned. The Romantic writers were intrigued by the ways that nature and the human mind act upon each other. It was always in 1st person. It was a spontaneous overflow of powerful feeling, and they tried to make the old seem new. These are my notes I took in class.If you read some of the other threads from the middle of last year, there was quite a discussion of the symbolism Bronte used, including the moon. She used many references to nature in her writing.

There is a text version of the book on this site and you can do a search for every instance of any word you'd like to find. This will be very helpful to you. I believe you should see the link at the top of this page.
No.
You click on the little Jane Eyre link and you will see the link to the searchable text.
Or click this link:
Jane Eyre Complete Searchable Text (http://www.online-literature.com/brontec/janeeyre/)

Where are you, Newcomer?!