PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!!!please

green_stars
12-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm writing a paper on the topic: " Do i think the play should be called the Tragedy of Marcus Brutus" or "The tragedy of Julius Caesar". i need help, i don't really get what they are saying.
like i think the play should be called the tragedy of Marcus Brutus but i don't really know why i think that i just do because he killed himself in the end, because i was wanting to get other peoples opinions on my topic to help me out a little.please!!

AllyPwnsAll
12-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi there! Let's talk Shakespeare. Now you said you wanted to call it, "The Tradgedy of Marcus Brutus"? That's perfectly fine, all you need to do is review the footnotes in your text book. I've reviewed my own notes to see if you could, infact, make it HIS tradgedy and not Caesar's. Please be thinking about other reasons as you read them.
1) Brutus is friends with Caesar and fears that if Caesar is crowned Rome will be lead by a tyrant.

2) Brutus was "persuaded" by his friend Cassius to plan the murder. He's kind of being manipulated here.

3) Brutus shows kindness to Antony, even though it could come back to haunt him.

4) I tried very hard to figure out what he meant with this ending statement, before he killed himself. Perhaps someone else knows what it means. It seemed important so I thought I would include it... "Caesar, now be still; I killed not thee with half so good a will."

Hope I helped, I'm not very good with this kind of stuff either! :lol:

anglbabe92
01-14-2008, 05:58 PM
i agree with both of you. because he has been persuaded to help in the murder, and killed himself he had a major down fall. to qoute Brutus, "not that i loved Caesar less, but Rome more. he wanted to do what was right for Rome, but was it? that is the question.

idk if this is to late to help with your paper but it may help others.
:confused:
tahtah for now.
:wave:

Firen Windbell
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Though Brutus is being manipulated, but his own personality is the reason for his manipulation. The textbook's introduction for Brutus is a very good source to use.