PDA

View Full Version : A story with no current name (Plz help me think of a name)

Oel&Bocaj
11-30-2007, 08:26 PM
ok well i made this not to long ago and wasn't planning for it to be a short story and hopefully it wil end up being a full book one day. anyway please post suggestions on wether or not i should continue to write this or no or what i could improve on thnx *Please keep in mind i am only a little bit older than 12 so my spelling and grammar aren't the best

Chapter 1
A Regular summer Day
14Sc day 7 of Summer months
Oel the average boy you would probably in your average fantasy story. The poor country boy who dreamed of being a hero. However, Oel is going on an adventure unlike anything you have ever heard.
It started like any summer day Oel did the chores; fed the chickens took care of the horses and everything else. Then after a long days work he would head towards the edge of he forest to meet his friends and hear the stories Neb the Centaur would tell. Neb was a large half horse half man with long back strands of hair going from the top of his head to the bottom of his back. Like most Centaurs he was a jack of all trades and told many great stories from all his travels around the realms.
“So what did I miss” asked Oel “Nothing much really, the same old stories he tells for new comers.” said his friend Jack. A small boy with ragged clothes and brown hair. “Ahhhh Oel so glad you could make it now we can truly get on with the story telling” “So glad you could wait for me,” Oel said smiling
“I will now read to you a scroll that I had discovered in one of my recent travels. A troubled child will be given a burden seems it can not handle as an ’unfit’ king. His ruling will be final but he will become the perfect candidate and will be cherished until… something he sees troubles him. A loving king becomes a foul hated ruler. What troubles him is the sight of his undoing, a mere mortal a wicked goblin and the love of a mans life. Well, that is all I have tonight please join me next week will you?” as he finished saying this all the spectators got up and left while jack and Oel went to the tavern. On the way Oel felt something in his pocket. “Jack what are you doing!” he yelled pshing away revealing he was a goblin who was no more than three feet. He was wearing a pointy, red, dirty hat and an olive green vest. There were spikes of what appeared to be his hair coming out of the hat.
“Judging by your ripped pants, I’d say you tried to pickpocket someone else but you didn’t succeed in anything except fleeing the fight.”
“Stupid human! I didn’t flee I was captured” the goblin said with a cracky voice “oh really?” Jack asked, “ by what?”
“A………A….A Harpy! Yeah a harpy!” he said clearly making it up as he went along.
“ Really, a harpy, but harpies only appear in the mountain region and no one goes there because harpies are very vicious creatures.” “so clearly your story is false, but I’ll let it slide this time. Whats your name?” “Bocaj” he answered. “well bocaj, I’m thirsty so what do you say, lets go to the tavern and buy us a couple pints?” “Okay” and so our heroes went to the local tavern not knowing they would soon ply an important role in history and that they would embark on a journey that would forever change their lives

PsychoBeth
12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Sounds interesting, keep going.