PDA

View Full Version : George Orwell's Animal Farm.

George
07-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Hello!
Hey guys I need your help. I've already read Animal Farm and I can say that's the best novella I've ever read. Anyway, I have to make a Book Report about it. The thing is that I have trouble finding or identifying the climax of the story. Since there are a lot of important scenes, I'm not sure which one is the climax. I think that the climax of the story is Snowball's eviction from Animal Farm, yet I still think that the meeting between the pigs and the humans (at the end of the book) is the climax. I'm lost.Could you help me? I just need your opinions. Thanks

Liina
08-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I would rather say that climax is the spot when the pigs started to wear people`s clothes because this leads to the conclusion - pigs are the same than the people. That`s only my humble opinion though:)

seeker
08-05-2004, 05:25 PM
The rise in action includes everything up to the selling of Boxer to the glue company; that the climax also lies in the selling and killing of Boxer, as this is when the animals can see and recognize the brutalness of their new rulers, and how they are no less brutal than the previous humans, if not worse. It is also an emotional time for the animals, but they cannot voice their outrage for fear of the dogs.

The decline in action is the time after the loss of Boxer when the animals accept the injustices and wrongs done to them, no longer working toward something fair and right, but submit fully to the pigs, in action and spirit. They are now broken and recognize this, and are no longer willing to fight for their rights, which had been the main theme of their uprising until Snowball was run off. At this point Napoleon took over and from his rule until Boxers death there is a rising tension in the animals rights being slowly disolved.

And going online to get the answers, while not cheating, will only impair your learning in the long run. I wouldnt recemend it. We may be wronge anyway.

Often the answer is what the teacher wants, and not what you feel is right, or what is really right.