PDA

View Full Version : im so LOST!!

kikki08
10-26-2007, 12:54 AM
OMG!! Well I have to come up with a thesis statement about comparing and contrasting Okonkwo's dream from THINGS FALL APART to Kurtz's dream in HEART OF DARKNESS.

blazeofglory
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
OMG!! Well I have to come up with a thesis statement about comparing and contrasting Okonkwo's dream from THINGS FALL APART to Kurtz's dream in HEART OF DARKNESS.

Of course you will get it done. Let us know how we can help you.

kikki08
10-27-2007, 12:02 AM
but wait i still dont get wat you are saying...
you guys can help meeh by telling me what is the significance between Okonkwo's dreams compare it to Kurt's or Marlow's dreams...also what was signficance about these tow great men dying at the end of the story..what does that mean???

kikki08
10-27-2007, 12:08 AM
okie dokie..i want to know the significance of okonkwo's dream in things fall apart and Kurtz's dream in heart od darkness??..why did these two great men die if they had such high dreams that they want??did they ever accomplish their dreams or they thought tha they were??...how was their death contrast to their dreams????PLEASE HELP ME!!!

haec_IB_death
11-22-2007, 05:45 PM
well kurtz dies because he has become unanswerable to anyone, he has acsended abive moral judgment as he has rejected the morality of european civilisation, constructed his own 'world' and this elevated status he has aquired due to his eloquence and ability to cut through the ambiguity throughout HoD, he has become fully emersed in the heart of darkness and unlike marlow is unable to leave, he has been displaced, and for him there is no going back. His body, like him mind unable to take this, so he dies. destroyed form the interior, a subversive uncontrollable, eternal incurable darkness ... called cancer.