PDA

View Full Version : The Wind in the Willows

ejenk35
10-20-2007, 12:00 PM
1. I'm old and so is the site, no? I probably won't be back, but...

2. I'm reading the book site for the first time and the book for the fifth time, at 72, and I want to wish everyone to READ IT REPEATEDLY! Starting with tiny kids and moving on up, it's a sweeping answer to increasingly desperate world problems.

Cheers,

EJ

Jane1805
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
EJ,

So glad you found it at the age of 72. I agree completely and am swept away at the age of 39 by the beauty of this book. I read it as a child and am now reading it to my four year old son. The most wonderful imagery I have been lucky enough to encounter. And the friends, who could have such friends?! I visited a childhood friend today and suggested she read it to her daughters, ages 6 and 8. The world is a better place every time this book gets read!

Read it again and enjoy!

DLP

Jackson Richardson
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
When my mother was dying of cancer a few years' ago, I read Wind in the Willows to her in her care home, using the copy she won as a prize at school.

We both wept at The Piper at the Gates of Dawn chapter.

It is a wonderful work, although I am far more taken with the Mole/Rat chapters than the Toad ones.

qimissung
10-02-2012, 05:49 PM
I love The Wind in Willows! I probably prefer the Mole and Rat sections-I know I'm more like them, but Toad is kind of irrepressible. He reminds me of my younger son. :D

Carmilla
04-01-2016, 12:52 PM
I read The Wind in the Willows last year. I absolutely loved it. Mole and Rat were my favourites, but I also liked the Badger.