PDA

View Full Version : Looking for O. Henry story

Judaun
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Years ago I read a story by O. Henry about a scientist who discovered a new formation of some kind in the sky. As the story builds on this new discovery, the scientist becomes increasingly concerned. In the end, the discovery has something to do with the destruction of a planet or glaxay or something which results in the star of Bethlehem. If anyone remembers the story or the name, I would really appreciate your help.

alexsears
11-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Years ago I read a story by O. Henry about a scientist who discovered a new formation of some kind in the sky. As the story builds on this new discovery, the scientist becomes increasingly concerned. In the end, the discovery has something to do with the destruction of a planet or glaxay or something which results in the star of Bethlehem. If anyone remembers the story or the name, I would really appreciate your help.
well im not really the book type but there are lots of people that know this stuff so im sure you will get an answer
p.s if ou remember the title of it search it on google :)

jerilw2000
01-15-2008, 07:31 AM
"Years ago I read a story by O. Henry about a scientist who discovered a new formation of some kind in the sky. As the story builds on this new discovery, the scientist becomes increasingly concerned. In the end, the discovery has something to do with the destruction of a planet or galaxy or something which results in the star of Bethlehem. If anyone remembers the story or the name, I would really appreciate your help."

I couldn't find anything by O. Henry, but there is a story by Arthur C. Clarke called "The Star" that has a similar theme. I read it years ago and it made enough of an impression that I was able to find and reread it after reading your post. I'm not sure it's what you had in mind, but I have attached a link to the story just in case.

Jeri

http://faculty.winthrop.edu/kosterj/engl510/star.htm

Judaun
03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Thank you so much!! That was the story that I was looking for.